5 posts in this topic

Got the invite from Mike (Fish Dad) to hop aboard his boat Seaduction and try for some stripers. Met up with the crew Saturday morning at the docks at Rudee Inlet which consisted of me, Mike, Dr. Ike, Toby, and Jackie from Mike's office who wanted to catch her first striper.

Left at 7:30 to flat calm seas and ran south. Damneck, Sandbridge, False Cape....no bait, no birds. Cross the Virginia/North Carolina line nothing. Get just past Corolla Light (30 mile run from Rudee) and see some boats fishing so we decide this is enough gas burned and drop lines. Didn't burn them up but did manage 5 fish from 30 up to 40 inches, and one missed knockdown.

Jackie was first up.

clear.gif

Dr. Ike is next.

clear.gif

I crank in our big fish for the day, a nice fat 40 incher and my personal best. For some reason a 40" striper has always eluded me on these trips, so it was nice to finally get one. Way, way back on an umbrella rig, so needless to say I had some pullage for a few minutes.

clear.gif

Toby gets a nice 38".

clear.gif

Mike's turn is next....27 inches....back he goes.

Fish are still being caught (not hot and heavy) but we can't buy another fish. Mike planned to overnight again Saturday night at Rudee, then fish Sunday but after checking Sunday's update, North 20 knots...I think not so we pull lines early head back to Rudee.

Good friends, good weather and fish in the box. Fileted the fish and not a thing inside their bellies. Air temp was 39 degress and it briefly started to snow. Water temp was a chilly 42 degrees. Beginning to think if it doesn't warm a little, most of these fish will continue to head further south and not hold off of VA like they did last year.

Until next time.......Here's Mike's Video report on the trip:

Video Report - Corolla Light.

what a awesome looking fish too man - not a scar or mark on it - glad you got it and not the other guys !! you needed that !

perty werk Steve...

Is that what a fish looks like? :icon_tongue:

Gonna try to find a "ho" rude soon...this cabin fever can't be good fer me!!!

WOW! thats a nice fish. Steve in there kinda ruined the picture.:bootyshake:

Congrats Steve,

DixieSteve good to see you all get on fish going that far south as I've been down there for naught before. Nice job and welcome to the 40" club:icon_salut: Nice video work by Fish Dad too :cool:

Thanks for the ho report :icon_pirat:

`bucket