8 posts in this topic

While catfishing yesterday,right after I got the 30some pounder some old guys showed up right in front of where we were catfishng about 30 yards away......they caught crappie after crappie last nite and I watched how deep they were fishing cause we were in 24 foot of water......well I wnt back there today with my panfish box and sat in the same spot and casted into 8 ft of 48* water and caught 22 crappie , several yellow perch and a LM bass @ 18 inches ........all from the same spot.....all bymyself and never another human bean in sight all day !!

Creek002-1.jpg

Creek003-1.jpg

Crappie112-1.jpg

crappie111-1.jpg

Bass18inch-1.jpg

Very very nice....man I really gotta work on getting down that way this winter...but my weekends are already starting to get away from me.

I'm considering going friday if I can find someone to fish with. I'll fish by myself, but 2.5 hours to get down there, all day fishing and to be back by 4 so I can pick my kids up at 5...well thats alot of driving, not to mention 10mpg, its nice to have someone to split it with :) So...same place huh? Nothing like passing the time pulling in crappie while waiting for the drag to start making some noise :)

I know what you mean man - 4 hours from Va beach to Farmville to go duck hunting is a long azz day....leave the house at 3 am to get there by 7 am...hunt til dark and drive home at 5 to get home at 9 pm is a long long 18 hour day indeed ......but its because we want to do these things......

like when I was in the Navy and we worked an 18 hour day, everyday, 7 days a week for mnths on end at a time.....

thats the way I look at it ya know.....yesterday I drove 2 hours, fished 3 hours and drove home 2 hours......

Yeah, I know....I think I'm set though....I should be heading out around 5am on fri...(should put me at dutch gap around sunrise) I'm gonna throw a cast net around and see if I can come up with any fresh bait, then hit the Warm Water Discharge for a few hours....maybe zip round (well not zipping only electric on the john boat so far)....at least its a day on the water

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO FISH FOR ?

OOPS TOO LATE - CAPS - SORRY

main target will probably be Cats...but I guess we'll wait and see what's up when I get there. I'll pick up some white perch and shrimp from the market in case I can't manage to net any shad.....I'll have my full box with me, so if I feel like it I may try and jig some stuff up.