8 posts in this topic

Anyone use these?

At over $1 per bait they are pretty steep but man it looks promising. My concerns are mainly how well it would stay on during a cast and how it holds up to the surf.

unlike regular crab a snapper could shred these making it very expensive. I've heard they catch fish, the convenience and castability make it pretty tempting for me.

ive got some in my tackle box, only tried em once though.

i like the feel of them, just need to use them more, i dont see them being shredded as much as bitten in half though

ive got some in my tackle box, only tried em once though.

i like the feel of them, just need to use them more, i dont see them being shredded as much as bitten in half though

shredded, bitten in half = expensive

did you use them in the surf or somewhere else, just wonrdering if they stay on the hook.

real peeler is actually cheaper so they need to be durable.

shredded, bitten in half = expensive

did you use them in the surf or somewhere else, just wonrdering if they stay on the hook.

real peeler is actually cheaper so they need to be durable.

stay on the hook real nice. like a rubber worm.

i tried em in the bay. think i only used 1.

i keep them as backup. never know when your gonna run out

I havn't used the ALIVE version, but i have used the regular gulp peeler crab this past season numerous times. Amanda is in love with using fake bait! However I didn't get a nibble on it all season, it didn't even seem like the crabs went after it.

I will say that the Gulp does work well when put on Jigs and bounced across the bottom, esp Swimming Mullet! But for bait soaking i don't think its effective, at least for me it wasn't.

i have fished on the pocomoke sound using bloods and real pealers and caught several fish and the guy next to me was using the baits mentioned here and he was having no luck... so it may be hit and miss or even how the rigging was done but hey anything is worth a try.

of course at 9 bucks a dozen bloodies arent the cheapest hings going either.

Staying on the hook, Not a problem. you couldn't shake these things on a cast if you were the incredible hulk. they're thick like a shad body for trolling.

I've got a bag, while i've got no fish on them, they stay on. One thing i've noticed is I've reeled them back with the little legs missing, or depleted. Snappers, or friction, or cannibal crabs, i don't know who's to blame.

Gulp works for soaking bait, in my experience. The bloodworms work where the FBBW won't ( cold water ). gulp bloodies + early spring + high/low = small spring stripers. I think all the magic gravy is all the same, this spring i'll try dipping some of last year's crabs in this year's bloodworm alive Goo.