6 posts in this topic

If anyone is still fishing, I have found a new source for fresh ocean bunker. I now have a mix of fresh ocean bunker and fresh ocean herring. Harbor Tackle will be open for business this winter - but we will not be keeping a tight schedule. Terry had a partial knee replacement in December and cannot drive yet. I am taking him to physical therapy 3 times a week and to his doctor's appointments. After he recoperates from his right knee he has to have surgery on his left knee. Terry is working hard at therapy with a goal in mind. He anticipes to fishing hard this spring. It was tough on him this fall as his doctor told him to stay off the sand. He missed a trip to Hatteras and fishing AI this fall.

If possible, if anyone wants to stop by I suggest to call first to check if we will be avaible. We will try our hardest to accomodate.

I'm hearing that short stripers are in surf. I've been told that there is a school of stripers acres wide still moving from Jersey. I hope they make a stop in our area.

For those of you who are still fishing - fresh bunker coming in Friday afternoon.

Last week a 24 inch red drum was taken from AI and another fisherman hooked up with a 40 inch striper. The striper fisherman was using a light rod and he had 2 good looks at his fish. He almost had the fish beached, the fish rolled and the line got wrapped around him and the fish was lost. These two guys plan on fishing throughout the winter.

I have received some fresh herring.

Sounds good! Thanks for the report, Bev.