19 posts in this topic

I'll go first with a couple carry over's from last year.

#1 - overall goal, read the beach 'better'...anything would be an improvement. There is a lot to be said for having confidence in your spot, I just want to know I'm in as good a spot as possible.

Spring - fish a lot (not likely)

Catch an early April DE bay run striper off the beach

Catch 40# striperS

Catch a 50# (will be a standing goal for many years)

Get south of MD for spring drum again

Catch a couple 40"+ Reds

Catch a Black Drum

Cast 8oz 600' consistently over grass, improve my fishing distance which is embarassing compared to my field distance.

Summer

Explore south of AI via yak for shorebound Reds

Catch many Reds in my new spots

Fish 10+ days in said spots

Catch a Cobia from shore

Catch a 6.5'+ sandbar on a casted bait

Catch a slob sand tiger 300#+ on a casted bait

Fall

Spend the week of the HT Drum Tourney on sand

Catch "several" AI bull red drum

Win the HT tourney:blob1:

Catch a Fall run striper from the beach - skunko this season.

Thats a lot but I think I can pull it off...cept for the 50# and the Cobe the rest can be solved with time on sand.

not too many

catch a tog on a fly (gonna be a tough one)

find new spots to fish (always good)

fish more!

My goal is just to be more careful and take my time setting up my equipment. If a knot doesn't pull just right, I am going to re-tie it instead of just saying Nah! it will hold.

My next goal is to get into a habit of changing my bait sooner, rather than later.

Lastly my main goal is to cut down on the weekend trips to PA. Last year we had way too many wedding's/dog shows and Parties to attend. I am keep my butt on the sand this summer!

Ben (charkbait) hit on my most glaring weakness of reading the beach. I am going to spend a LOT more time picking my spots this upcomming year. I am also going to start keeping a fishing journal for my sophomore season of saltwater fishing!

I only have one goal: to finally catch an A I ROCK! 2008 is the year - I can feel it!!!!!!

I want to start the year off with buying a boat sometime in the spring

I want to get my captains license

I want to obtain my NC comercial fishing license

and I want to catch as many fish as possible, and of course the bigger the better!

I just wanna catch fish (doggies and skates are not on that list), I don't care of size or type...and hopefully get out more than once this coming spring.

I would like to catch an "18+ trout from the beach.

Like to hit the greys again this spring, sniff a cobia from the sand or planks, then get back to hitting the Reds & Specks in the Fall. Toss in some Blues and Rocks and I'll be just fine.

Also would like to do the sharking thing with you guys up North for a few days if possible!

Catch another 40"+ Red in the fall, catch another 35"+ striper this spring and hopefully catch my first fall striper, the bigger the better. As for summer the more shark the merrier.

Winter:

Get BOHICA outfitted for offshore trolling (I'm 1/4 way there right now)

Spring:

Catch a mako or thresher.

Summer:

8# Flounder

No less than 4 canyon runs on BOHICA

Fall:

Get BOHICA to OBX for wahoo/sailfish.

All realistic IMO....except maybe the flounder, lol