12 posts in this topic

I am looking at a 23' boat that I might buy in the spring, a 2003 sailfish 2360CC. I can get it for a really good price but I haven't heard a lot about sailfish boats. it is fully decked out with a cobia tower and outriggers for offshore fishing and is pretty much turn-key ready. my other option is to search far and wide for a REALLY nice hull and repower and customise to my specs. What can you tell me about Sailfish boats? are they a rough or smooth ride? I have never ridden in one so I have no idea whar they are like. any experience is helpful. thanks.

I have looked at them and they are of Very Good Quality...I've never ridded in one so I can't speak for how well they ride....does this boat have trim-tabs? if-so, those combimed wth the deep V construction of Sailfish boats should make for a great ride offshore:icon_salut:

yes it does have trim tabs, This description was taken from the site.

"This fine inshore/offshore hull is simply a Tremendous fishing package. Powered by a 4 stroke Yamaha 225hp motor w/ 450 hrs, the full transom offers a safe/deep freeboard, good sized cockpit for comfortable fishing in sloppy conditions. She holds 130 gallons of gas in an Aluminum tank. This boat has a Custom T-top w/ folding tower and full upper control station. There is Lowrance X-47ex for the upper station, offering a great vantage point for sight fishing. With 24 total rod holders, Lee outriggers and a 35 gallon livewell, this vessel would be well suited for all of your saltwater outings. Lenco trim tabs for fine tuning your ride in any Sea condition. At the main helm tilt steering wheel, Danforth compass, Jensen AM/FM/CD stereo and a Lowrance LCX-19C GPS/Plotter/Fishfinder. There is a 3 sided custom canvas package, currently stored in the cavernous space beneath the console (perfect spot for your porta-potti). In the bow there is forward seating and two 225qt fish boxes. The bow light and bow cleats fold flat fo a clean forward fishing space. This fine package is completed by a Magic Tilt tandem axle aluminum bunk trailer w/ drum brakes on 1 axle."

Nice boats, imo. Check thehulltruth.com and you'll find out everything you need to know, good or bad, about these boats.

been looking at them on and off for some time now, great boats IMO. Great deal as well.

I wouldn't buy a car without a test drive so I suggest you getthe owner to take you out for a test drive... You don;t have to go long but just so you get an idea about the handle and feel of the boat... I have a buddy that swears by sailfish. IMO I say take it out first.. you decide it's your duck$

I think I am gonna have him bring it down for a couple of days while we fish on it.

Hmmmmmm....fishing trial on a 23 SF???

Let me know if you need an "impartial" 3rd party's opinion, lol :lol:

isn't that the best way to see if you like it? fishing trial. that's funny, I can see some one going to a marina or boat show and asking to "test drive" a boat and getting on with a couple of rods and a tackle bag.

I do know I will need 1 or 2 people for a rockfish trip on 1-31 fishing on the rocksolid out of oregon inlet. sam, where are you?