1 post in this topic

I enter into this tournamant last month and was shock to see it in the News!

Now that seasons here Maybe I will be in the News! :P

This what I cut & paste from yahoo web news

The 2006 World Championship Surf & Shore Anglers Tournament Accelerates as the Americans Show Up

As the 2006 surf and shore fishing season gets underway on the Eastern Seaboard of the United States, surf and shore fishermen from all over the world are registering to compete in the first ever global head-to-head surf and shore fishing competition.

Lewes, DE (PRWEB) April 2, 2006 -- 2006 World Championship Surf & Shore Anglers tournament is turning out to be a “Seesaw” battle to reel in the 2006 Championship silver cup.

This past weekend the top 5 contender seats have changed position with the first entries of 3 Americans. Hector Ramirez of Naples, Florida holds the top position with a weekend catch of 6 spotted Sea Trout with the heaviest fish weighing 3 pounds. Franklin Brown of Fayetteville, North Carolina accelerated into the second position by spending the weekend hitting the outer banks catching and releasing 3 stripper bass and keeping the largest at 29.5 inches. Meyer Leadmin of Mobile, Alabama took the 3rd position with a 6.5 pound redfish i.e. Red Drum caught off Heron Bay. Still holding on in the 4th position is Phillip Edmond of Perth, Australia who reeled in a 3.2-pound Barracuda and 2 Steelback i.e. beach salmons on a spoon lure.

According to tournament vice-chairman Allan “Top” Smith, it’s still early in the tournament season which runs through December 18, 2006 and it’s an open registration match giving a unique opportunity for anglers from around the world to compete on a level playing field, without having to leave their local tournaments and local coastline.”

“So the United Kingdom and the Northeastern region of United States have not shown up yet so when they start competing it should make the competitions interesting.”

With the open registration policy and the tournament running from February 2006 to December 18th 2006, the 2006 World Championship Surf & Shore Anglers tournament is still completely up in the air. There are still anglers and fish out there capable of taking the cup, and organizers emphasize that it’s still early in the tournament season.