10 posts in this topic

I have fresh bunker and live chowder clams for the weekend.

Bev,

Hows the bait situation looking for this weekend? Coming down on Sat. I'll stop off at HTfirst thing.

Hope to fish Sat-Sunday and early Mon.

Christmas shopping is mostly done....

Devo

I have ordered fresh bunker and live chowder clams for Thursday. Our holiday hours will be:

Friday & Saturday - regular hours

Sunday - half a day

Monday & Tuesday - closed

Wednesday thru New Year's Day - open

Harbor Tackle has a delivery of fresh bunker coming by lunch time Thursday, Dec. 27.

Let me apologise for some of the fresh bunker that I have had from mid December till now. At this time of year all of my reliable sources have dried up and I have had to buy from other sources (Crisfield and the Baltimore area). My bait wholesalers this time of year do not take care of the fish the way I like - they are only catching bunker to freeze to use for crabbing bait this spring. I am sorry for the quality, but I have to take what I can find. I want to give you a heads up so you know what I have to sell. I am also sorry for the price I must sell it,for as the bunker is getting scarce and the price I am paying reflects that.

no worries Bev, I think most of us are just happy to have fresh available.

Just a reminder to everyone that the frozen you do have is very good and I would have no problem using that over some 2-3 day bunker.

One of things I love about Harbor Tackle is how they tell it like it is. I have called numerous times and have always been given the strait poop on the age and condition of the bunker. Some other places ALWAYS say the bunker is fresh, but when you get there to pick it up it's mushy and red-eyed.

Thanks Bev:icon_salut:

bait i got 2 days ago used yesterday in the surf had a few knicks in it but it was very firm and gotta a few go hits but no pulls.

got bait from ht