36 posts in this topic

It's not to late to still wet a line. Some stripers are still being caught.

Feel free to post your reports here, fish or no fish.

Fished morning until early afternoon today with pop. Nothing, not even a nibble. Warmer temps next week. Nice day fishing in the snow.

moresnow.JPG.b2598bd572ee17b00a0db66c8d8

did ya get a water temp besides "cold as hell" I'm worried I'll be hake fishing this weekend.

Ben, I didn't. I wouldn't sweat the water temps yet, tho water temps are definitely colder than last year, some fish still moving by.

it wasn't so much the overall temps but the hard W wind and turnover near shore. I know there are fish around and some E should prove it, hopefully this weekend!

Ben (or anyone with an opinion)- you think it matters OC surf versus A I surf, north versus south? I may head down Friday night through Saturday night....want to spend my time in the most productive area....

the only reason I may fish OC vs AI is time restrictions on Sat, Sun will be AI unless I knock em dead the day before. That being said there have been good fish caught in DE recently so I guess my opinion is that I really have no clue. It is my belief that AI will outfish OC beaches 85%-90% of the time. Its self fulfilling for me though, because I believe that...I fish AI harder.

FWIW, wind looks to shift after midnight on Sat to E through Sun morning. I'd make every effort to have lines in during the E this weekend, I think it will make every difference in the world. Again...may be self fulfilling.

Thanks for the thoughts - Ugh - i may have to leave as early as sat night ...hope that wind shifts early!

Its looking nice for this weekend.

I can't wait!

BTW -- AI will always outproduce the OC surf for since since I would probably have a heart attack lugging all my gear! What can I say, I am spoiled.

Nice pic Coop! Doesn't look like you were crowded for a spot there. :3some:

Jim's right, weather shouldn't be an issue. I'm still on the fence about AI versus OBX. I definitely like how close AI is to my house. Was thinking the VA side may be productive especially with the warmer water coming from the estuary. Bait and warm water. Hmm...