14 posts in this topic

Ok,

Thinking of making a run north to AI sometime in the next few weeks.

Most likely a Friday Night/return Sat night run.

Think things will pick up a bit by then???

Hate to say this, but I think it has passed. I was thinking about making a run down to VA! :3gears:

Man....I know you guys picked up some, but did you ever have a nice 2-3 day window?

Weather not cooperate, what happened??

I did hear of some nice fish caught by Kiptopeake this weekend and some by the 3rd Island.

until they are thick at CBBT it ain't over, I'll be out this weekend and maybe one after that.

Most fish are offshore now though.

Hate to say this, but I think it has passed. I was thinking about making a run down to Virginia! :3gears:

Say it aint so Sam!!!!

It's not over...plenty fish to the north and offshore and still plenty of time. It's not like its hot and heavy here on our shore anyway, just put in the time and you may catch 1, and lucky enough, 2. Just got to put in some hours.

There were some nice stripers caught off of the Delaware beaches last weekend. There are some large schools of fish off central Jersey, and lots of fish still well up the Delaware Bay. The water temps are warmer now than this time last year. I never saw any stripers caught at Assateague Island until mid December last year( I walk on though). . A few warm days or a strong east wind and the surf will warm back up. I doubt fishing is done for the season. I still have not seen my first isopod.

Fresh bunker might be hard to find for the weekend if this wind keeps up.

this hard west is the only thing that has me worried about lack of fish in the surf zone, could be in the 40's but will warm on Sun if the E materializes, could be good hake fishin on Sat.

I'm really thinking about OC rather then AI this weekend for deep water in close and recent reports...reel bloodworms should be on the menu as well IMO.

Last I checked they were calling for southeast winds at 10- 15 on Sunday at AI. East winds at ten off the Delaware beaches. Saturday doesn't look bad either, but no east in the winds. The surf zone is chilly, but it's still over 53^ a few miles offshore. I'll be down AI at the walk-on at least once, and will be hitting Fenwick also. I still have not gotten a slammer blue this fall.

I'll be coming down there tonight, 12/8 and walking on at the Island, at the entrance....or the DE beaches if reports show fish there today. So If you see anyone planted in a chair at the ORV entrance from about 8:00 tonight through Sunday a.m....stop by and say hey.

Mark

I caught skates and doggies at 3-Rs on the outgoing and had nothing at AI on the incoming. Fresh bunker is very scarce.

I'm hitting Fenwick in the Morning.

Fished mid O.C. surf from 10:00 till 5:00 today, three doggies and nothing else. Beautiful day.

John

:brave:

Yeah, I may stay put!

Big rocks showing the past few days from Kiptopeake to the CBBT. Going on a "Ho" ride tomorrow.....will report back!:icon_santa: