5 posts in this topic

Went out in the Chesapeake Bay on a charter, Dave Stone was the captain. We left out of Crisfield at 6am and by 7:30 we had lines wet. by 9am we had our limit. Dave kept us on the fish and it was a great time. We caught 13 rocks in all, with the biggest being just above 30lbs and the rest averaging 20 -25lbs. Trying to attach some of the images but having issues with this PC.

30Lbs or 30 inches? I see it often where people use the # symbol as inches instead of lbs....Granted 20-30lb fish are caught in the bay this time of year, I've typically seen the charter boats on schools of Smaller fish when I've been out.

Lee whe I got home I weighed mine with my digital scale and it read 31.07lbs. it was a great trip, can't wait to do it in the spring.

very nice fish!!!! Thats the kind of charter cpt I need instead of the ones that find the schools of smaller fish......

Just got a report from a buddy of mine with a obat on the Chesapeake Bay here it is Looks like I will be fishing from a fiberglass jetty for a couple of day.

Hi Jim,

Not sure how long it’s going to last but we have good bait and the fish are here to take advance of it big time. They’re full of lice and stacked up on the edges of the channel from Solomon’s down to Pt. Lookout. There are schools of some huge fish hanging around in the mouth of the Potomac but they bit well one day and have lock jaw the next. The fish out in the open water have been pretty consistent once the tide slack off a bit. The full moon this last week has the tide just screaming.

I’ll be out Friday if the weather holds and all next week as I have a guy coming down from Albany to fish for the week. We’ve got room on the boat if you want to tag along.

Clyde