4 posts in this topic

My buddy is a really poor caster. On a good day he can hit about 50 yards, tops. He created a device to help him cast out his baits. It is made of PVC pipe constructed in the shape of a "Y" with a large slingshot type launcher. He brought this thing out fishing today, and I was amazed that it could fling an 8 oz wt. and chunk over 200 yards. Several people, including a DNREC EPO watched him launch weights today. This thing could easily toss weight and bait over the outer bar at Assateague Island. Everyone who saw it was amazed at how far it launched baits. Several people asked where he bought it.

The DNREC officer said he knew of no law that would make this thing illegal in Delaware. Does anyone know if there are any regulations in Maryland, or in a National Park (Assateague Island) against this sort of thing?

as long as it doesn't use any type of explosive charge to fire off, I don't see any problems using it.

He should be marketing it though. I know a lot of people who would pay good money for that for sharking in the summer if it works as good!

Some of us have been slinging objects for years. Some of us stopped slinging objects too. It was discovered that jet skis are made of a material that pyramids will easily penetrate! Especially from an overgrown slingshot.

Rather loudly too.....:eek:

But alas, perhaps we shall be giving it another try, eh me young lad?