7 posts in this topic

I fished DSSP again today from 7:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. The surf was calm and clear. I wondered if I was wasting my time fishing the day after a full moon, but I tend to believe that general fishing convention does not apply to the fall migration. I started out catching a 20" striper on my first cast. Things slowed down quick until about 10:00 when I got into another dogfish blitz. I caught about ten doggies and six skates as fast as I could bait up and cast out. About noon my Wal-Mart special pole starts to twich. It sure looked like another doggie:angry1:, but after last Weds. I jumped right up and began to reel. Again, I thought I had a big blue until the fish surfaced about 40 yards out. My buddy said it was a doggie, but it was pulling too hard to be. The fish made a couple of runs before I beached her. A beautiful 36" striper gleaming in the suds. We fished for a couple more hours and got two more throwbacks and some very large skates. Mullet did not even catch a doggie, fresh bunker was the ticket. I can't wait until the striper run begins in earnest.

11_25_07-30.jpg.8ca17b1ea196643e880615d3

Nice fish! Thanks for the pic and story!

Nice job - way to persevere through the doggies and be rewarded!

Hey, way to fish! Wishin I was Fishin with ya! Busy looking for houses to move into. Joe found one in CUMBERLAND he and the kids love. I just don't know about that one. BUT they are seriously considering it. I am just along for the ride. Little ISOLATED and COLD for me. I really need "TWO MARGARITAS TO GO" Love You Much... the old woman in a shoe:fish: