10 posts in this topic

This was my sixth surf trip on the surf this fall and I finally shook off the skunk. My buddy and I fished the surf in three locations from CHSP to DSSP from 7:00 a.m until 4:30 p.m. Skates and doggies were providing all of the action until 2:00 when I saw my big rod twitching. It looked like another doggie the way it hit but I jumped right up anyway and began to reel. I knew real quickly that it was a fish. I suspected a blue at first but it making a more steady determined run. I caught a glimpse of it passing through a large wave and knew it was a decent striper. I fought the fish for a few minutes then grabbed the shock leader and beached him. My first ever keeper striper from the surf. :icon_rr:I was pumped. 32", clean and healthy looking .

My buddy (Mr. "who needs a shock leader") lost two fish in the wash, one about 24" and one that probably went 39". The bigger fish broke his line.

Everything was caught on fresh bunker chunks.

2_22_07-18.jpg.0af2e036acda9d33995dd2fdd

Congrats! He'll look good on the table with gravy, stuffing and mashed taters.

Congrats!! Quite a day for you, I'm sure - you'll never forget it. :icon_thumright:

Nice job. Gonna shake mine off here pretty soon. Thanks for the pic!

hope to shake mine also, nice catch, way to go.

See? Keep working and you will be rewarded!

Nice job!!

Now go get another one!

Oh that's what they look like ain't seen one in a while Skunked all week here in Oc and on the island

It was really a rush to catch that fish. I tried to get my wife to let me fish Thanks. morning but she was not buying it.:dontknow:

I got back to the same spot today and got into a dogfish blitz:BangHead: with a few skates thrown in. The bunker I had was suspect but held up to the cast. The guy set up to the north of me had one 18" striper. The guy south of me got a real nice 12lb blue. The water was murky.