7 posts in this topic

Anyone have any opinions on which would be better? 4500 holds 250 of 17, 6500 holds 270 of 20. Considering a Daiwa sealine 11 ft 4-7 oz rod to match with it.

Is it best to go with the 6500 and have capacity to spare? OR to go with the 4500 and have it be lighter, more versatile, etc? I'm not into sharking -just want something for blues and stripers...

Either one will do the job, you just want a nice balanced combo so whichever gives you that with the Sealine.

If the 6500 balances nicely you can have extra 17 lb on it. You really don't need the 20.

Either on would be good,,,some people like the extra line on the reel, but I have penn 525's and they hold a tad under 250yds of 17lb sufix line.

Thanks - i guess I just have to get to the store and see which one "Feels" right.

I went wth the 6500B, I liked have the extra line cap and it balanced-out very well wth my new 10' Penn "power-stick" rod .

on a side note, I have a 3500B from @10 years ago and bought another 3500B last fall and the newer 3500B is @1/3 the size larger than my older 3500B :shock:

Randy - yep, I have a 3500B i bought last year - LOVE IT!!!! It is night and day using that compared to my Penn SS . Such a pleasure to use and I am addicted to the baitrunner feature. Only problem is it is a little undersized for some things. Great for the summer kingfish and croaker though :)

I wish I could have 1 (or 2) of each size in this reel..... But for now, i'll be lucky to get "permission" for just one, so I have to pick.

yeah I have 3 "baitrunners" and they work great :!: now Shimano has another one wth the baitrunner feature called "Thunnus" but there @ twice the price of the original "Baitrunner" and I think Shakespeare has one out called a "tiderunner"? but I think it's more for fresh water.

Daiwa had one out and Phillip just bought one at BPS for half price($45.00), I think they were phasing them out and the "baitrunner" feature on it had tobe tripped manualy :o