35 posts in this topic

Not sure where all the stripers are, but things were very slow last week. Hopefully next week will provide some action.

Feel free to post your reports here, fish or no fish.

I was sure you would get one today!

I think they will be here by late this weekend, maybe a day sooner....

I think Coop will start the run.

But then again, maybe CG will pop up! :D

Not me Steve, I think I will hit the woods. I really believe the fish just haven't started their run yet. Then again last 3 years they bypassed us and just set up house at mouth of Bay. Seems Cap Steves has had some nice reports on AIVA

Well I hope it's me heading out Thursday will report back later that night, if anyone else is going to be out stop on by I'll be down south of the bull pen so stop on by.

I think if things set up like the previuos 2 years, we will be into sporadic fish until January.

I was on the jetty today, and a dnr officer was checking fish there. He said he boarded a trawler 8 miles off shore, and they were throwing 45-50 inch rock back in the water. He also stated that the water is still warm. Perhaps it will happen later on. Wonderful day on the jetty, in town.

Fished mid OC surf all day today, 1 small blue and no other bites. Beautiful day though.

John M.

Fished the beach with some friends from the old home. 2 Jersey flounders..... that's it. Makes one wonder where the fish are. The porpoise were jumping about 160 yds off shore. Great day at the beach for a mid November day.

Fished this evening from aroun 7:30pm till 2:00am. Not much action other than a good blitz of Spiney Doggies. They were pretty thick out there tonight. It was a gorgeous night out there, too bad the stripers didn't make a showing!

FYI - this is the a nov reports section from 2006.

FYI - this is the a nov reports section from 2006.

Good catch Steve, I have moved the posts to this year. :D

Alright now dog-gone-it! I wanna' hear of some great catches of the striped critters!

Fished Sat all day with nothing but a few skate to show, Fished with Jim (Ffemtreed) and Amanda from about 7pm-Midnight with nothing but Doggies and Skate (Although thats much better than the skunk) And got up and out again this morning from about 9am-10:30 and got the big skunk...but hey, what do you expect for only 1 1/2 hours of effort. All in all it was a great weekend on the beach..I swear it was colder sat during the day than it was sat night. Nice fire, a couple cold ones and at least a little pullage....Water Looked a lot more fishy today than yesterday, but that E wind made it ROUGH to cast :) Good thing I only fished for 1 1/2 hours or I'm sure I would've blown up a reel....I'll get some pictures loaded up soon

Ok, here's the pics.....Notice the difference between the calm beach, almost no waves on sat and then what it looked like sun morning...either way was still holding with no more than 8's....By the way...the Black dog in the pictures "Webster" is our foster dog, he's available for adoption :) Anyone want a GREAT Dog? Black lab/Great Dane mix, 2 years old...about 70lbs...and LOVED being on the beach fishing with me

5852a51af159c_BeachonSat.jpg.d4b6418880a

5852a51b01a8a_BeachonSun.jpg.dc7df385039

5852a51b063d7_doginchair.jpg.8f2ed2ab717

5852a51b09ed9_JeffwithSpiny.jpg.bcbb331f

5852a51b0dbb3_Sittingonthebeach.jpg.ed80

5852a51b12b8c_websterandskate.jpg.c0c6b2

5852a51b170c3_websteronbeach.jpg.caec1bb

Oops, forgot to mention the 42" striper the guy airing up next to me caught....Met him when he informed me the pumps I was at weren't working so I pointed out the valve, turned it on and proceeded to air up :)

Thanks for the pics, Jeff. Cute one of the dog in the chair

Fished with Sam and Dave tonight. Very good conditions with this continued on shore wind. Managed 2 fish within 30 minutes of each other about an hour after you guys left, a 34, which I kept and a 36. Very nice night and almost was going to leave after you guys left. GO FISH!

nov34.JPG.aed931a93626b29d685373b297753d

Fished with Sam and Dave tonight. Very good conditions with this continued on shore wind. Managed 2 fish within 30 minutes of each other about an hour after you guys left, a 34, which I kept and a 36. Very nice night and almost was going to leave after you guys left. GO FISH!

if I only stayed a little longer:angry5:nice catches coop, well deserved, think I will try again today. not sure yet though.

Nice job, Scott. The conditions did look great! :icon_thumleft:

you know this whole "job thing" is really starting to bug me.... between the move, work and all the other craziness going on I have not hit the beach since august/sept??? great job on the fish Scott.

That sucks oliver, I tried to give you a call Sat evening to see if you were around for some fishing.....

Nice fish Coop!

Send em down myway please, or maybe I need to make a road trip here soon!