9 posts in this topic

Head out the drive way at 0430 in a drizzle rain.....radar seemed to be clearing before I left the house. Yea right, by the time I crossed the HRBT it was a down pour and traffic was bumper to bumper~ at 5 am on a Saturday ? WTF over. Rain,rain & more rain all the way to the boat ramp......I rolled up at 6:05 and Steve (cataholic) already had the boat launched and warming up setting there in the pitch dark. Air temp was 42 and foggy,drizzle.......headed down river in 55* water temp and dropped the net and got 8 shad and off we went.......got set up by 7 and the these guys hit like they were starved !! In the next 4 hours we caught a dozen fish that went 14,16,18,18,16,15,12,14,15,14,16 and a 15LB'r not a dag gone fish over 20 pounds :o( ...then Steve's next fish went 27 or so pounds and we were closing in on 30 pounds but so far had like 210 pounds in just under 4 hours......fished until we had 1 baitfish left and then we were going to move to another spot.......as the rod in front of me danced and slammed rod tip straight down, I said "you want this one ?" Steve replied : "no go ahead I got the last one".......this brute was heading south in a hurry and heading to deep water, it took some serious UMMPHH to stop the fish and turn it back my way.......Steve gets the net ready and I get the lug to the boat.....and on the scales it goes.....47 POUNDS !!! A new peronal best for this gal.....the camera was acting up so all pics were taken on my cell phone.....hugged and kissed the big whiskered love of mine and sent her back to where she came from.....the mighty James River !! ......headed back to get more bait and netted another 12 for Steve's trip with the Mrs tomorro and we headed in by 1PM ........what an awesome day on the water indeed.

TWINS~ 16 & 18 POUNDS

Twins18and16-1.jpg

STEVE 27 POUNDS

Steve30ish-1.jpg

AND THE FAT GIRL AT 47 POUNDS ~

PBnose-1.jpg

PB47pounder-1.jpg

front-1.jpg

PS: MANY THANKS FOR PUTTING ME ON THESE FISH TODAY STEVE !!.....HERE IS MY

BABY I WAS TELLING YOU ABOUT THE LIVES IN MY LIVING ROOM !!

LEO1-1.jpg

I know where I am eating toorrow night!!!

Purdy Werk J!

Very nice kitty's my brother and WOW!!!!:shock: that's one great CAT @ 47 pounds good job:icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:!!!! You well know about my Striper I caught tonight it was 18 & 1/2 inches looooong and has got enough meat yummy:D to feed my family. Had a great time out there fishing was great now doing a little dance:eusa_dance::eusa_dance: caught me a keeper Striper will post pic. soon. We'll have to go together and nail some more Jamie hagn chat with ya later. :cya:

Great White Shark :glasses2:, OUT!!!!

VCAN MEMBER

So how would a beginner go about getting live Shad for fat girls like that? What should someone look for before tossing the net? Open areas, structure, shallow, deep?

Are the fat cats down deep in the holes?

So how would a beginner go about getting live Shad for fat girls like that? What should someone look for before tossing the net? Open areas, structure, shallow, deep?

Are the fat cats down deep in the holes?

along the bank in 3 to 10 feet of water you will see the tails "flipping" just like you see menhaden doing at the beach,cut the motor off and drift in then throw the cats net over them and fill your cooler !! we never even bother trying to keep them alive.....the shad we use for bait are 10 to 14 inches long and we cut em in bait size steaks just like shark fishing .......

no deep holes - we sat in 1 spot the whole time 100 yards away from where we got the bait.......bait was in 6 foot of water and the drop of went to 14 and thats where sat the whole time.....right on the channel edge

cutsfull-1.jpg

Nice going Jamie. I see you figured out how to send the pics to your computer. ;)

yea right.....duh.....NO !!! I had to call Alltell and have the chic walk me through it !!! I should have know better than bring Lisa's getto camera amd leave her my good one for grandbaby pics.....

Mmmmmmm tasty!

When ya cookin lunch for me?

Nice going there J!