5 posts in this topic

Ok so maybe I might be wrong here but:fucyc: is our management of the bays and coastal areas for the harvesting of shell fish kinda outta step? Even though the bays harvest of shellfish is way down......don't you think its time to stop it all together? Instead of taking them out we should be planting those little critters as fast as we can and in every area. Heck even pay the people to put them back ...just like retuning soda pop bottles ya get a penny for every oyster that lives to the ripe old age of three just my three cents worth :3some:

Well I like the idea ..........I would much rather pay for the health of the bay then to :BangHead: If there is one thing that I would wish for my children is to enjoy the bays havest like I have....and I think it starts with shellfish.......i mean besides the runnoff and pollution and etc...lets give the little guys a fighting chance:cussing:"SAVE OLLY THE OYSTER"!!!

agreed, an oyster moritorium would be a great step right now to at least give native stocks a chance, if they can't hack it then I think we need to go to more disease resistant asian oysters. A bunker bill to stop omega netting EVERYWHERE would be awesome!

Amen brother!!!! We are simply taking more than the bay can replace and the people that are in power to do something about it are to afraid to lose their job by doing the right thing.