Charkbait

new waders

13 posts in this topic

ive got a pair of laceup bootfoot (cabelas though)

and love em.

Thanks Ben they look like they have my size. Put it in my favorites for a spring order. Been looking for a Bootsize in XLT forever.

was going to send a link to you after I tried them out, I know you would like the "custom" fit. Critter Gitter can fit two guys in his waders...

Not sure how common your sizing will be on ebay but if you keep a look out you can get them around $200 new in box. Adams outlet is the ebay store that has them most often.

Just got the same ones last week from adams outlet came to 190$ shipped... will try them out tonight...

Lookin good so far... and comfy (we'll see if they stay comfy after walking couple miles and standing in the water for a few hours)...

mine didn't come with the belt (no big deal) so if you're missing it - don't be surprised...

Ben,

Post a review if you like them. Lifetime warrantee will more than make up for the cost (if they are comfortable).

The age old staying dry challenge!:BangHead:

Just got them in and tried them on, I see no reason these won't be the perfect surf wader. Only time will tell.

I've had neoprenes, Hodgeman boot foot breathable. Hated getting into both and out of both.

I finally broke down and spent some serious money and bought the Orvis Tailwater boot foot. These have got to be the most comfortable waders to wear. You can use as waste high waders and pull up very light flap to make into chest waders. I've had for 2 years now and have never gotten wet. I couldn't ever say that about the neoprenes and Hodgeman waders. Best part is lifetime guarantee, if you ever get wet in these waders, send them back and they'll send you a new pair (not a repaired pair).

My waders go up every 6 months regardless of brand. I just cannot get myself to send them back with bunker slim etc. Have a pair now with crack in the boot from last weekend which are guaranteed but I just can't pack those nasty things up. Guess it doesn't hurt to try but if I was in Customer Serice I would say claim denied due to excessive abuse.

I was sending my Orvis SLII waders back quite regularly, bunker guts & all. They kept sending me new ones...boots kept splitting after only a few wearings...finally got tired of fishin' with cold, wet feet & asked for my money back. Got some new L L Bean...same warranty as Orvis. Hope they last better. Orvis customer service was great...waders weren't.

I recently bought a pair of breathable waders at Gander Mountain for $17.99 (75% off). They seem pretty cheap but if I can get a year out of them i'll be happy.

My next pair will be LL-Bean, there is something about that lifetime satisfaction policy that i love.

I have a pair of the Gander Mtn bootfoot breatheables. Bought 'em for a backup. They work pretty good. Fished a couple weeks in 'em with no cracked boots so that was ok.

Got my L L Beans now so the GM waders go back in the truck. Beans seem a lot like the Orvis SLII with different boots. If they're still alive & well this time next year I'll be happy.

Hey Dave. Been visitin' my Mom last couple days. Heading out in a few minutes and will be on the beach for awhile. If they're there I'll get 'em...