6 posts in this topic

I usually like to wade out to thigh deep water to get some extra distance on my casts (which I need). :happy7:

I know when I was fishing the OC tourney, the blues completely shut down when the surfers came out.

From what I have heard, larger fish can be caught in water as shallow as 2'. Do you all think that wading out can scare the fish?

Maybe at times, but I have about stepped on several puppy drum before in the wash. Also have had small spadefish circle my legs, and had tons of stripers crash into my legs in ankle to knee deep water during a blitz.

Think it depends on the fish and if they are feeding or not. I would think water clarity may play a part too.

Not likely, unless your fishing a hole in the first wash.

Got to get it out there somehow!

Devo

Sam you remember the time I "waded" out???:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: Ben was there too!

I like to get out in the wash too when I am down island where it flattens out somewhat. But when I am near the entrance those waves really come crashing in close.

If it is daytime I suppose you could spook a fish if you got up on it. Night fishing I bet they wouldn't be bothered much.

sometimes I have a problem wading out and it always begins with "just 2 more steps". It seems like I get swamped at least once every trip. actually sam saw me take a dive the first day we met a couple years ago. I took a bad one at the drum tournament in the middle of the night. I was wading out and in about bely button deep water. when I casted out my headlight fell off my head and was shining in the water. I didn't see a wave coming so I bent down to get itand as soon as I did a big swell just went over me filling my waders up to my knees. I think I need to get another pair of waders just to have a dry pair.