37 posts in this topic

I'll be in OC this Friday night, leaving Sunday sometime. Looking for my first MD striper. I'll be spending a good portion of the weekend on AI i think...but open to any plan that gives me a good shot at my goal.

And before anyone mentions it - yes I do know its raining...its not a trowpacal storm...not my fault this time! and I don't care - i'm fishin anyway!

:3gears:

Steve,

If you're around friday night, give me a call. I'm gonna hook up with Oliver and Dave and throw lures at the bridge. Probably around 6-7 o'clock.

Steve,

If you're around friday night, give me a call. I'm gonna hook up with Oliver and Dave and throw lures at the bridge. Probably around 6-7 o'clock.

you forgot the "Captian":icon_rambo:

Steve,

I'd love that - I've been hearing some positive things about the bridge lately...few keepers showing up... I'll see how early i can get down there. Definitely will give you a call. thanks.

Steve, DO IT:eusa_dance: Captian Bob will put you on the :fish: 4 Sure:icon_salut:

which brings up a ? :icon_scratch: where's the pic of my 1st bridge Striper:dontknow:

Prolly still at the beach in my camera which I forgot to bring home :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Prolly still at the beach in my camera which I forgot to bring home :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

I think Bob does those thing so he has to come back down sooner.

Dude, the only way I could possibly come down sooner would be to quit my job.....(there's a thought)

OK - i'm definitely gonna do all i can to come down early....lets see - bobs place by 6-7..means i gotta leave by 2...drop the grandmother off at the condo and high tail it straight down to meet you...its definitely possible....i'll do my best!

Don't kill yerself, we can always meet you somewhere close to the bridge if you don't make it.

Looks like Hollinger's comin' along too.....might just turn into a party @ my house....lol.

Pray the rain stops by Fri night.

Ok Bob - looks like i'll be leaving PA by 2:30 - so whenever I get there I'll meet up with you wherever you are. Just keep your phone handy :)

Yeah - i can handle rain - just as long as we don't have lightning like llast time!!

just take a rope, down off the bridge on the deck of bob's boat...problem solved!

That's funny. Or he could just jump....we'd fish him out.

That's funny. Or he could just jump....we'd fish him out.

:icon_pale:

Poor Trowpa -- he takes so much abuse on this board.

Maybe that's why it feels like home to me :argue::crybaby2::dontknow:

Ok folks, looks like it's not gonna rain, so here's what we're gonna need:

1st: my tanks are basically full and I'm pullin and winterizing the boat on Saturday, so this trip is a freebie as far as fuel costs go.

We're gonna need LIVE eels for bait.

We're gonna need BEER - I'm assuming ocsnapper can handle that

We're gonna need something to warm the bones (80 proof and up)

Let me know your thoughts....

Also, we could probably fit another angler if anyone wants to go....(SAM?!?!)

We're gonna need something to warm the bones (80 proof and up)

I can supply that....any special requests?

I can pick up the eels, let me know how many and anything else you need me to bring.:eusa_dance:

I can supply that....any special requests?

Captain Morgan private stock is the usual coiff, but whatever....I'm partial to Tullemore Dew as well....

I can pick up the eels, let me know how many and anything else you need me to bring.:eusa_dance:

For 5 of us, figure we'll fish about 3-4 hours depending on when we get started and the tide.....I'd say at least a dozen.

Captain Morgan private stock is the usual coiff, but whatever....I'm partial to Tullemore Dew as well....

Sounds good - consider it done. :icon_pidu:

Tomorrow: Cloudy skies early, followed by partial clearing. High 54F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.

Tomorrow night: Mostly cloudy skies early with showers developing late. Low 41F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

Looks like we're gonna be ok!! Woo hoo!

Absolutely cannot wait! So - btw I've got a bunch of gotcha plugs....but you're talkin eels as well? What are the basics i'd need for the way you rig them? (size /type hook, weight etc)...