10 posts in this topic

Hello to all,

I have been lurking for a while just feeling out the crowd and I'm really enjoying reading all of your posts. I'm not a very "skilled" fisherman but I'm learning as much as I can so please tell me all about your top secret fishing spots, your favorite gear and the best bait to use. That should help me a lot don't you think?

I go to AI as often as possible so I hope to meet some of you there.

Thanks for having me. This is a great site.

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

As far as fishing spots, when this storm clears AI is a great place to begin. Throwing bunker heads or chunks with a fish finder rig can be productive. Look for cuts in the bar at low tide (or something that looks different about the waves)

You also might want to try a top/bottom rig with various types of bait for smaller fish. Kingfish, trout, croaker, black drum and short stripers can be found.

Good luck!

Howdy Charlie!

Welcome to our home.

Stick around, you will indeed learn a lot from these folks. Ask anything you are unsure of and be sure to use the search function. There are plenty of tips and recommendations on here.

As for what to do out there, toss 6-8 oz pyramids on a fishfinder rig and a 8-12/0 circle hook with a big chunk of Bunker or the head.

welcome to the best fishin site around! You will learn quite a bit here, I speak from experience on this one.:eusa_dance:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. My neighbor got me back into fishing the surf. SHE is 74 and a fantastic angler. I have been having a blast catchin the blues and have the striper fever bad. I sure hope I can catch one in the surf. Hope I meet you all. If you see a tan explorer with photography advertising on the side, that's me.