64 posts in this topic

:D There has been some action this early spring with some nice stripers being caught from the surf zone,,,congrats to ocsnapper on a fine 36" fish caught at the end of March and look forward to more reports like this one,,,this could be setting up for a good spring :D .

Feel free to post your reports here,,,with the action heating up, we have decided to go to a two week report format for april,,,so, get your feet in sand and go fish!

I headed south just before sunset tonight. Found Critter Gitter looking for stripes and fished with him a spell. Neither one of us caught anything but doggies and skates. Another guy drove by and showed us a 43" he caught and said he had caught another 43" before sundown. Dave said a 41" had been landed today. They are definitely here, guys. :v:

Sam, I looked for you on the way out. Fished all afternoon and only had one hit that turned out to be a 38" striper. No doggies or skates all day though.

Great job on the 38"!!! Yeah, I didn't make it out until later on. Trying to get out there today.

I'm on my way! :-)

Nice fish Chuck,,,man,,,I gotta wait untill all these golfers get off my darn course so I can go fish!

And I was going to play 18 today na just kidding.. golf will have to wait till the fishing slows down....

You know what they say Scott,

I am not against golf, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering trout... ~Paul O'Neil

:D Fished this afternoon into the evening with Sam, his dad, and a couple of there freinds, we managed one fat 37" on the skinny and lots of doggies, it was a great time fishing with everyone :D ,,,great weather in the late afternoon,,,cant wait to get back out,,,ended up getting pulled over by the :cop: on the way home and he was very nice and let me off with a warning,,,thought my good day and evening of fishing was going to be spoiled with a ticket.

Scott, what did ya get pulled over for? :lol: Speeding?

That was a beautiful fish and make sure you take credit for it. It was all Coop, folks. He caught it and deserved it. Excellent catch!.

I had a great time with everyone. It was great to have Skylar out there with us cookin up the burgers and dogs. You can't beat it.

temp_016_179.jpg.025946f10a4c9e6e06366c5

temp_009_676.jpg.c9ef8caeeb5227feb34d686

temp_017_179.jpg.19a8c5e02b9a1aabe25fb19

temp_007_315.jpg.70ecbd726dc1e0c5bb4b8dd

temp_022_195.jpg.fa2ddafb94db1b60cfb76f9

temp_012_713.jpg.d400b40890f9fda3d5a69bc

temp_020_203.jpg.c428ec71cba691cf6888497

Sleeping behind the wheel :lol: ,,,yep speeding.

good job guys :!: looks a tad on the chilly side :?: , Save Some For Meeeee, 9 days and'a Wake-Up :wink:

Nice catchin fellas. 8) Guess they're here.....

Got in them pretty good on Saturday around 12:30-1:15 5 stripers 20" smallest 30" biggest 25" seemed to be the number of the day, 30"cher hit like a freight trian and dumped the holder and took the rod...caught up to it though and landed the fish. Bunker chunks 7/0 circles and 10oz in what seemed to be 40 knot gusts. No doggies or skates, only missed one hit which is good for me on circles, still getting the hang.

Only 200 yds south of the bullpen, looked fishy there so I stopped and caught fish! Nothing an hour and a half before and an hour and a half after.

Nice report. I'm glad you got into them. :v: Good Job

well i am glad to hear somebody caught something on sat. i didnt have the first bite

10oz

I think that's why I was hooking so many that I've been losing, there was so much tension on the rod that when they lifted the bait and sinker the rod pulled and it "set" itself.

Great report Charkbait :D ,,,glad you got into em,,Sam, told me the doggies were in thick the night before and decided to use BIG 12/0 mustad circle demons to keep those critters off,,,that 37"er had no problem taken the hook and the large head,,,I think I only hooked 2 doggies all night,,,saw them messing around with the bait alot, but very few got hooked :) .

ok, I've been meaning to ask. but what the hell are "doggies", some-kind of shark :?:

Randy, yep annoying sharks,,,I use to always call them sand sharks,,,I guess surf fisherman call them doggies,,,checks Sams pics from Sunday, Steve/Skylar is holding up a doggie on page 1.