35 posts in this topic

Things are quiet with blues being just about the only thing being caught in any numbers. Hopefully things will start to change as we move into November. Another big blow forecasted for the end of the week and maybe into Saturday which may put a damper on fishing again.

Feel free to post your reports here, fish or no fish.

Managed to sneak out for a few hours today. Did manage a striper...a short 24 and a mess of very small snapper blues 8" - 14".

Nice coop! Even a short would make me dance right about now!!!

Managed to sneak out for a few hours today. Did manage a striper...a short 24 and a mess of very small snapper blues 8" - 14".

Oh I am definately going out in a few days, man I need some pullage!, that is the best news I have heard in a while.

Nice job, Scott. I need to see stripes here pretty soon!

Good going Scott

Hit the beach today as Scott said small blues were out in force other then that I managed one short striper 22". :happy3: Was nice to see one again it's been a wail for me. When I was heading down the beach I saw the thrasher that washed up and someone cut the tail off. Makes you wounder why some one would do that just for a souvenir. All in all one good day on the beach.

Fished with a new friend on his boat off the south jetty on wendsday. Got about 25 taug with 15 keepers.

I want to try some tog fishing, I hear they taste like lobster.

Nice white fillets, and thats what I was first told "taste like poor mans lobster" They are pretty good. And fun to catch as soon as you set the hook they head for the rocks.

Looks like something took a bite out of this one at one time.

5852a51a7f26f_fish10-31-07006.jpg.5942d6

This is Mike from ALL TACKLE, he gets all the credit for putting us right on the fish. If you ever need anything:bait,beer tackle that is the place to stop, right on Rt.50 just before the bridge.

5852a51a8471c_fish10-31-07005.jpg.62feec

The wind died down, and we decided to hit the 50 bridge last night. Phillip caught a sea snail, Oliver caught 2 shorts, and Randy and I caught a nice buzz.

clear.gif

clear.gif

Fished late in the afternoon until early evening with Sam and Dave...managed a 45" fat striper. Had a somewhat poor release and she went belly up but managed to grab her again and turn her upright. Thankfully, she swam away. Very crisp cool night.

A very cool night on the beach. Great job to Coop once again! :icon_thumright:

100_3277.JPG.2f6d469e92baed6600cdf64a901

100_3281.JPG.2937b410f91f1694bf7c18cf336

100_3286.JPG.c5195a281f0729269e75378d7d0

Holy smokes! That thing is a slob.....Good going Scott!:happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2:

what a cow. Nice Fish.

I am heading out this weekend. Are we allowed to have a fire during the day time? (I know it makes me sound like a wuss).