6 posts in this topic

:D Had another great day on the water trying to entertain some higher ups from out of town yesterday . They wanted to fish from shore for perch or whatever would bite and only had a 4 hour window . It was hard but after moving to a few different spots , we caught a few decent perch . After they left I left the Nanticoke and took the ferry over to the Wicomico side and headed to my "Secret Pier" with still 2 other co-workers in tow . When we got there the tide was completely flood and just getting ready to turn . We started catching big perch right away but it wasn't gangbusters . We only fished for about 40 minutes and we had 7 big perch in the cooler when they had to leave . I told them they should stay as when the sun starts sinking across the marsh on an ebbing tide , they would turn on . Acie insisted he had to drive to Lewes and feed the dog so I bid them farewell . They weren't gone 10 minutes and I had one of the many perch from 10 to 13" and just plain chunks . I also had a twenty lb + zebra straighten a #6 perch hook and lost it right at the dock . I had the place to myself and could'nt fish 2 rods because the big perch and many small rockfish would inhale it as soon as it hit the bottom . Most fish were caught on bloodworms but a few fish responded well to the Gulp Bloodworms , including another striped one about 12lbs . The stuff works better in cold water than the Fishbites . Anyway, I fished until dark and caught at least 50 fish and kept 20 nice perch for the table .

:coolp: report. I was wondering about those gulp worms. They make some peeler crab imitation too. Looked like they could fool something hungry...

Mike, AWESOME report. Man, I wish I could have been there to hold the other rod for ya. I don't get west of Berlin much anymore, but with reports like this, I might have to make a trip or two soon. It is good to see you on the board and I look forward to more reports like this one. :D

Tell your buddies over there to get on board. :mrgreen:

great report, if ya ever need someone to hold that other rod im not far, lol

great report!

what they all said :up:

and me stuck here at work today :censored: