22 posts in this topic

Lots of rain and wind this week, but the water is cooling down and the fish should start showing up.

Feel free to post your reports, fish or no fish.

where's Coop?

Man, I have been crazy busy. Packing up, selling my house and hopefully getting ready to break ground on the new house soon. No time to do anything.

wish you the best, hope to buy a house myself here in the near future.

Good luck with the house Scott. Homes here are not selling at all as they continue to lose value who wants to buy a house and have it go down in value but then again Ocean Pines may be different. I need to find a job soon and I do not think I will be able to sell mine. More worried about that than the job.

Hey Dave,

If you do sell your house, we are selling one on Assateague Road!:)

Good luck with the house Scott. Homes here are not selling at all as they continue to lose value who wants to buy a house and have it go down in value but then again Ocean Pines may be different. I need to find a job soon and I do not think I will be able to sell mine. More worried about that than the job.

If you can buy "land" now and act as the gc, especially in our resort area...NOW is the time to buy! You may get less for your home but quality subs are working for much LESS and land has dropped to next to nothing compared to a couple years ago. No hurry in selling my home and if I get a little less, it's all relative, because I am paying less for the new, alot less.

The great thing is I will soon be less then 2 miles from Assateague Island!

Dave, hopefully things work out for ya.

Sorry for the hijack.

Wonder if I could get a 20 by 20ft piece of real estate in the Bull Pen. Maybe get me a PO Box and a phone# 1-410-the-surf. Oh nevermind the air quality would gas me out.

Fished the inlet Saturday night Plugged my way out to the light and back then worked my way down to the oceanic, there was 2 Dolphins working the mouth of the inlet. Saw a couple of togs caught along the bulkhead.

Fished the Route 50 bridge for a while this Sunday evening saw one short rock land nothing else. Met a kindly senior who shared some tips on fishing the brdge but he kept complaining that the water was to low. ???

Planning to hit the beach Monday Morning

Coop, congrats on the new house less than 2 miles from AI.:coffee2:Meet at Coop's house for coffee.

Coop, congrats on the new house less than 2 miles from Assateague Island.:coffee2:Meet at Coop's house for coffee.

hehe yeah, less of a house - more of a "base camp" eh? good deal...

Planning to hit the beach Monday Morning

Very interested to know if this turn in the weather will produce anything. Hope you get a water temp reading.

Picked up some bunker a Harbor, worked the beach for a couple of hours Not a nibble there was a few guys out I didn't see anything landed

Did someone say something about a party at Coop's

Yes, but you have to bring 7 lbs of Striper, 11 lbs of Speckled Trout, 4 lbs of smoked Blues, 1 qt of great scotch and 1 gal of OJ.

Oh, and the admission price is equal to two months of Coop's mortgage (in Sterling Pounds).

Oh, and 4 dz fresh, raw clams.

(and plenty of horseradish)

AND!

Good cigars for all!

All leftovers and proceeds will benefit the Coop Foundation to make a better home for him and his family.

Credit cards will be charged $200.00 on the 20th of each month for a minimum of 60 months. All yee that say yay shall start payments on 10/20/2007, late payments incur a penalty equal to that of total payments plus 640%. Limited quantities available, see your webmaster for details.

This is a one-time deal, no guarantees, coupons or drunken promises will be honored.

But Coop, how much for a shower and a hot cup of coffee? :D

Ok, now let's move on to FISHIN' REPORTS, YAYYYYY!!!!

Had a chance to head out last night with Dave and Sam. Nice to fish for a few hours,,,nothing caught by me.

nice seeing ya again coop, all I had caught was a large spiny doggie, as for Sam I am not sure. Good seeing you again also Sam.

I fished Assateague Island today, south of the bull pen. Small blues, but...... there is always something new on the beach. I found a horseshoe crab shell with a tag on it. I found a pair of Oakley glasses.... good reason for a cord around them. A shark washed up on the beach too. I think it is a thresher . I have included a couple of pictures of it.

5852a51a00918_Oct3107002.jpg.e6d65bf40bd

5852a51a04ecc_Oct3107001.jpg.f69fe84beba

5852a51a0800f_Oct3107003.jpg.d9d5c74f115

Yup, looks like a thresher to me! I heard they tend to wonder in shore when the temps go down. Thanks for the pics.

Thanks for the report, man I wish that some one would have reeled in that thrasher, Thanks again.

By the way if ya find a Zippo lighter it's mine :icon_tongue:. lost it a wail back.