6 posts in this topic

Hit the beach today OK with all the wind it hit me :icon_thumbdown: fished for about 3 hrs not much to say but the beach is taking a beating

Here's a few shots I took.

You can see in the first pic that there is a bout a 3+ foot drop off just to get down to the surf.

5852a519c292d_PhonePics113.jpg.a8902b007

5852a519c72eb_PhonePics114.jpg.d84790071

5852a519cc8e5_PhonePics112.jpg.7c00c9ffa

5852a519d14f5_PhonePics115.jpg.a8ce1cfed

That wind was killer today. Great pics. I drove out to the point (at least tried). Between the wind and tide, the point wasnt really there. Not that big of a drop-off, tho.

Sam and I went out yesterday and it looked the same except with heavy downpours. nothing to be caught and held fine with 8. although we fished way up north and when the tide went out you would have thought we were down near the va line. extremely low tide, actually a little erie if you ask me.

extremely low tide, actually a little erie if you ask me.
Could it have been a tsunami brewing? :D

I saw a low tide one year where the "dry" sand went all the way out to the first sandbar. Had a heavy west wind that day too, helped push it out. Kind'a weird, I agree. You just don't know how high it will come back, makes you leery about being way down at night. Saw it the next morning at high, still had a heavy west. The ocean didn't have ANY waves, nothing, not even a shore break. Looked like a big still pond. Wish I had a yak that day.

Did you get any pics of it Dave?

Could it have been a tsunami brewing? :D

I saw a low tide one year where the "dry" sand went all the way out to the first sandbar. Had a heavy west wind that day too, helped push it out. Kind'a weird, I agree. You just don't know how high it will come back, makes you leery about being way down at night. Saw it the next morning at high, still had a heavy west. The ocean didn't have ANY waves, nothing, not even a shore break. Looked like a big still pond. Wish I had a yak that day.

Did you get any pics of it Dave?

unfortunately no, it was around midnight. the really odd thing was the wind was blowin from the north around 10-20. Sam was also surprised at how far out the tide was, even an hour before peak low tide. the rain also didnt help the photo op. I did tie up a tarp between Sam and my truck, which help block the downpours immensly.