6 posts in this topic

Hey All, I just got back from my honeymoon in Hawaii. I didn't surf fish (proposed 1 yr ago at Assateague while fishing, which she fully supports.. but maybe not a good idea on honeymoon.) So we went to remote beaches where we watch the world go by while locals surf fished. Figured I would drop some photos for your amusement. 1st is how they get their bait (bait net, local said he and father have done it every night since he could remember). 2nd and 3rd (look closely, its getting dark) is them yakin it out, just like assateague... 4th is one guy who doesn't yak em out, he just takes himself on his board (he uses a balloon system, not enough time to explain right now, but you can see it on his rod), 5th is me and my wife with a 350 pound sea turtle right off the beach where they were doing all this - for more amusement.

got new waders and boots for wedding... looking forward to putting them to good use in the next coming weeks

DSC00449.JPG.ab735b5ba915e6997bf416547fc

DSC01007.JPG.90ade718bc875a69d76de5e8e23

DSC01009.JPG.61a04e7dffcd2cf61644b30d95c

DSC01010.JPG.14609772037486bc885389b5ea5

IMG_1004.JPG.9d3a2d2e301f7ee2160b0123179

Cool!

Should have taken her fishing anyway. I took my wife fishing out of Key West on our Honeymoon. She loved it except for the part when she got a little sick and let some go over the side on top of a 7ft Hammerhead that swam right below her.

Needless to say that scared her a bit too!

Very nice. All you need is a spear gun in that water:happy3:

Sweet pics. Looks like you had a good time.

That looks like a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing. Did you see anyone catching anything?

I didn't see anyone catch anything at that beach, lots of fish down there though. 100 yards from them, it dropped to about 50 ft (the reef were we are with the turtle). I was down there one morning and there was a school of about 30 blue crevalle, (24-36 inch), one local said thats what he fishes for. Nearly scared the chit out of me. I did see an old guy on the other side of the island catch some pompano, but no camera on me for that walk.