11 posts in this topic

Well,

I finally made my first voyage to AI for the AMSA Tourney. Great show put on by AMSA folks and will most definately do it again next year to say the least.

Caught some fish that scored, but seemed we were just a touch off as the team to the north of us on the first session had the most point and the team to our south on the second session had the most points per session. Go figure!

Sunday, I don't think too many people scored a bunch of points as the wind from the NW and the front passing through shut it down.

Met some new people and the beach was great. Sam it was finally good to meet you and fish with you finally!

Look forward to getting back up soon for some stripers, let me know when they start showing. Don't know when that wuill be as we were catching some Pompano in the surf there yesterday....!

It was a great time!!! Caught some fish, added some points, its not all about the money. Had the same thing happen to us when moving sections. The next team coming to your section just slayed the fish. Oh well. Definately fishing in it next year. Thanks AMSA!!!

Steve, it was great to meet you and the rest of the team. You all were a lot of fun to fish with and I hope to do it again soon.

This was the 1st tourny I was ever at. Enjoyed meeting everyone!:hello:I was impressed with the hard work put in by the members of the AMSA.I was nervous being a judge with the money at stake but by the end felt comfortable, what a great group of anglers!(Thank God no controversies) Hope I can help next year!

thanks goes out to all that helped and or participated in the tournament.

we had an amazing weekend fo fishing.

1st place team RICK'S BAIT AND TACKLE "OMEGA" 141 PTS

2nd place team FISH HOGGS 140 POINTS

3rd place team RICK'S BAIT AND TACKLE "ALPHA"

THERE WERE OTHER WINNERS OF OTHER CATEGORIES, I WILL HAVE THEM POSTED ON THE AMSA WEB SITE A.S.A.P.

MICHELLE AND I HAVE TO GET SOME REAL WORK DONE THIS WEEK AND WE WILL BE WORKING ON REPORTS TO GIVE.

THANKS AGAIN

RON HUMPHRESS CHAIRMEN

MICHELLE HUMPHRESS CO-CHAIR

Wow, fish hogs lost by one point! That is a tough hook to swallow!:confused3:

Okay, first of all I would like to thank Steve Walker for inviting me to fish with the VA guys in this tournament. I was very excited to fish with these guys and was not disapointed. These fellas are top notch fisherman with a lot of experience and very fun to fish with!

I started feeling ill Thursday night and woke up with a serious sore throat on Friday, but I pushed through and gave it the old school try all day Friday. Saturday was a no go for me, but Dad stepped in and helped out.

The wind was pretty strong from the South, which caused a strong current that made fishing close quarters difficult. But, it was fun none the less! We caught several smaller fish using the awesome bait they brought from VA. I really wanted to get a picture of the massive mullet they had! I have never seen 16" mullet before!

All in all, a great time. Hopefully next time I'll feel like myself and we can tear em up. Thanks again guys and I can't wait until next time.

Who would have thought we would be catching black drum and pompano in mid-October on AI!

5852a5198c00a_07AMSATournament005.JPG.b9

5852a5198fe4d_07AMSATournament006.JPG.6e

Sam,

Hope the Bon Jovi fishing didn't get to you too much!:lol::lol:

Sam,

Hope the Bon Jovi fishing didn't get to you too much!:lol::lol:

LOL... I had a great time. Excellent company! Except for Bucket... He was a little hard to figure out.:icon_pirat:

For a great tourney I plan to fish again! Good fishin' with team FS4U/AFAW even Sarcastic Sam :glasses2: Hope your feeling better and thank Bud again for fillin' in for us.

AI `bucket

I had a blast fishing new territory. Its always a pleasure to venture onto somewhere new and see how you can do with what youve learned over the years.

Sam, sorry to hear you got sick but had fun fishing with you. I wasnt expecting pomps up there in october either, but its been a strange fall. It was nice meeting Bud and fishing up there.

Mark, Steve, Keith. had a good time guys. enjoyed fishin with you all.

We need to get together & fish again.

I cant say how impressed I am with how Assateague is run up there, from the designated bullpen for sleeping to the airpumps right at the exit of the beach to how people drive the beach with common sense up there and the rules are highly adhered to. Im looking forward to venturing back up there in january and fishing for cows from the beach.