11 posts in this topic

Well, I have to say it, but I finally got skunked on the bay :(....My buddy graham bought a 19' Maycraft CC...nice little fishing machine. We headed out yesterday and got on the water around 8:30am. We drifted baits across the bottom, jigged, trolled you name it nadda, zilch...nothing...well nothing except pulling a couple umbrella rigs up minus most of the pastics...oh well...that was my fault, I knew blues were in the water but opted to run the soft bait umbrellas anyhow...All we had for trolling other than that were spoons... Saw breaking fish once while we were trolling, decided to pull in really fast and head over to them to try casting.....by the time we got there they were gone....Marked up fish EVERYWHERE on the fish finder but couldn't get them to bite yesterday...Heading out in about 45 min to try again today...Oh, tested out the waterproof Optio...WORKED GREAT!!!!!! Hopefully tonight's report will have something with fins on it :) Oh...Fished from Herring Bay to North beach, then Trolled across the channel to the mouth of the tank...... Drifted, Jigged and trolled around the false channel....Trying Thomas Point today..

Man I feel your pain.Been having the same sort of luck lately. Nothing but small snappers and small rockies. Chester River Eastern bay and Kent Narrows. THere are some guys that have been live lining spot getting some keepers and thats about it. With this colder weather coming I hope the larger fish come back in the bay soon.............:angry7:

Man having a spell of bad luck here ...Went to the narrows last night and caught 50 fish ....too bad 44 of them where in a net. Can't even give em away:cwm21:. Threw the net at one dock light and pulled up at least 30 rocks and big ol perch. Threw it against a bulkhead the nezt throw and caught 9-11 of the best looking Alewife's. drifted them cast them let them sit behind the boat in the channel.....man o man nothing:BangHead: possibility? ...if so I need one...I would like to mount an under water camera on the end of my line that shows my bait doin its thing and what ever comes up and looks at it funny.

sorry it took so long to get this report in...I left my camera in graham's truck and wanted to wait until I had the pictures. Second day was great compared to the first. we caught all the bait sized spot we could hope for. We fished a few hundred yards off the Thomas point Lighthouse right at the edge of the channel. we Anchored up in about 32' of water and surface water temp was about 69 deg. We threw in a chum bag and all the blues you could want started swimming around. They tore up our spot...we couldn't get anything through them to get to the stripers I know were feeding below them. We managed 4 blues and tons of spot....here they are....

allfish1.jpg.17cd38e5d5966e5ffba85164b9a

blues1.jpg.c08f589729f6bfe55cb712af08097

thomaspoint1.jpg.739e6a0d96475e1c33a2f4e

Looks like fun! Thanks for the report.

My dad, uncle, and myself went out last week on Tuesday, chimmiin our of Chesapeake Beach. WE got to the "Diamonds" early, the second boat. Chummed and caught a few blues, one about 20 inches and a freak 19 1/2 inch flounder. the irritating thing was, as head boats started showing up, they were catching Stripers up to about 24 inches, livelining spot. We caught no rockfish whatsoever. we moved twice, and got within about 40 feet of a head boat who had limited out, who then gave their spot to another boat, who then gave their spot to another head boat...which is commom among charter captins......radioing another captain and giving up their spot once they've limited out. They all were killing keeper rockfish, while we sat there, within talking distance from them, and chummed, kicking ourselves for having no spot. anyway, the point is that the fish were only hitting spot livelined on the bottom......anly bluefish on the chum...and they were few and far between.

We finally couldn'r take it anymore, so we moved to the gooses, and I caught one 20' rock.....but that was it.

But the Diamonds, wherever that is on your GPS, was hot, hot hot last week.

Markus

Kent Narrows Mon night outgoing tide. Ton of small rocks and one shad and a small perch snagged by my Gotcha plug. My Buddy managed 2 keepers and I just came short with 2 that were 17 and a half:icon_pale: But good night on the water. Took my lightest rod out and had fun with the fishies.