5 posts in this topic

I just got back to OCMD from a week in the outer banks.

I hooked up as a HO with a guy from TidalFish, and when the wind finally subsided on Saturday, we decided to make a run for the 000's and the wahoo bite, and work south. So we cast off around 0600.

His 32' Contender with twin 300's made short work of both the ride out and home crusing about 31 knots @ 3800 RPM. SWEET! We got our lines in around 8AM and trolled down the line with nothing to show for it. The water was warm at 82* and we couldn't find a break anywhere. We decided to head east into a little deeper water. We hit the 70 Fathom mark, and found a nice temp break. About 11:30, both riggers go down, and all hell breaks loose. It's a SAIL!!! After watching 2 nice dances, Terry cleared lines while I held the fish at bay. As soon as Terry got the 1st line clear, the fish decided to charge the boat, making a mess of our lines, lol. Anyway, we leadered the fish. I shot some quick photos, and the fish spit the hook, and I released my first ever Sailfish! It ain't easy trying to take pix and hold a rod at the same time, but I managed some OK shots.

We got another hit right before we pulled lines, and Terry released a barracuda.

I'll post more later as I'm pretty beat.

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

Nice Bob! Beautiful pictures:icon_thumleft:

Good Job Bob:hello:

UR 1st Sail, sweet:booty:

looks like a Blue n' White Islander was the lure of choice on saturday :icon_thumleft:

Awesome Bob - even with a rod in the other hand, some great shots of the sail. Beautiful fish!