Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chomper

Bad News?

4 posts in this topic

that suxx's big time and I have a hardtime in believeing its only global warming causing the problem.

just another reason to support the Ocean City Reef Foundation, we cannot afford to loose our fisheries here in the east, even if they are man-made.

thanks for that news, I go to Jamaica and do alot of snorkeling and would hate to see the coral reefs vanish. It is hard to beleive that it is just global warming I'm sure in the past 200 years we have had times of hotter then normal weather that has lasted for a spell longer then we have had in the last 50 years...It makes ya wounder about all the shipping that has increased in the last 20 or less years to that part of the ocean and other parts of the world.

I also have a hard time believing that global warming is the only culprit. In the last 50 years there have been thousands and thousands of chemicals patented. I have a feeling chemical pollution in even the smallest trace amounts could have a major impact on sensitive forms of live. The chemical BHT, commonly used as a food preservative, has been known to produce major deformities in plant tissues, in very trace amounts. Even when the chemically treated cereal grains are composted. The compost that is spread out on the garden can cause vegetable plant/fruit malformations.... :(

Pollutants in the air, increased shipping with ships dumping their bilge and trash overboard, increased nitrogens from farm runoff, red tide, the list goes on and the hits keep coming.

Or perhaps it's a natural cycle.....

But with it dying so quickly it sounds like there has been an "additive"in the waters.