1 post in this topic

Harbor Tackle Fishing Report October 4, 2007

There are still spots open for the 3rd AMSA Fishing Tournament held at Assateague scheduled for October 18, 19, 20, 2007. This is team tournament with teams consisting of 6 persons and cash prizes. For info call Ron Humphress at 443-235-2609.

The surf is producing mostly snapper blues, some flounder, and still red drum. Yesterday a 48 inch red drum was reported to me. Over the past week I have had a 43 inch, a 48 7/8 inch, a 45 inch red drum reported to me along with several more that I do not know the size. Lots of snapper blues working the surf. If you were fishing for blues and red drum, fishermen had to stop fishing for the bluefish as it was taking too much of their time and they could not watch their red drum rod properly. Still nice flounder have been taken from the east channel and from the Inlet. Minnows live & cut spot, live & cut finger mullet have been the best bait. Tog are picking up at the usual places. Two of my customers caught five legal tog yesterday. Small bluefish are showing in the Bay along with a few larger blues. I’m told lots of bait fish everywhere. Harbor Tackle receives fresh bunker, fresh spot, and fresh mullet daily.

Harbor Tackle has fresh bunker, fresh spot, fresh mullet, live eels, live minnows, live sandfleas, live green crabs, and 2 sizes of live black saltys.