8 posts in this topic

The stripers have been moving in to their traditional haunts in the bay,with the last week or so producing more keepers than schoolies.I fished one of my favorite spots for a few hours last night,7" yellow or black/purple pikies,spooks and needles were effective and produced fish in the mid to high 30" range regularly.The big fish of the night was a nice 39 pounder(of course i didn't catch it the guy right next to me did).:icon_scratch:

RIpikies.jpg.6c17404e6a38ee01e74c5e89f1c

rispooks.jpg.1df646c76df35251bccc27c6cb5

That is a nice fish! Thanks for the update.

Hey Rhody, are you anywhere near Newport? My buddy is in the CG and lives in Newport. I went up there to visit him in August and we fished next to the Saratoga and Forestal on the base, and then we went down near the end of the cliffealk and fished on some rocks at low tide. The water was really nice up there and we caught a few blues, but if you're near Newport, maybe you have some suggestions on places to fish from shore for stripers. I think I can talk my wife in to letting me get up there again.....

If it stays this warm here in VA, it won't be till Late dec before they get here!

same as last year man, CBBT was hoppin xmas week. Hope to make it down and C&R some real pigs this year.

Thanks Rhody. As that was my first trip to RI, I had no idea how nice it ws up there. Between the fishing and the scenery, I tried to convince the wife to move, but no dice

Your welcome,maybe you can talk your wife into a mini vacation,rentals are cheap in the "off season" and the weather is looking great for the next week or so.