15 posts in this topic

Things have picked up on the beachfront with nice reds caught. Hopefully the bite will continue and we may soon see some stripers within the next couple weeks.

Back bays have also reported some blues and flounder.

Feel free to post your reports, fish or no fish.

I am heading down to Milburn tonight... but driving by the Pocomoke to catch the Big 'uns... I will give the ol beach a try some more... Plus try out the new Dune Grapplers WOO HOO I can't wait... anyone else hittin the sand? Look for a Black Dodge Mega cab... Stop by I will have coffee on!!! (bad coffee but coffee none the less!):hello:

Headed out to AI on Friday for a few hours, the wind never let up the whole time I was out. I did manage two small blues and a few skate .

went to the choptank yesterday, caught bait spot for the 1st 2 hours then moved to the end of the bridge. Caught 2 crabs.. and.. thats it haha. Still a good day none the less!!! Gonna try point lookout today/tonight I think.. if that fails.. IM GOING TO THE BEACH!!

Good luck!

Jason

We fished around the Rte 50 bridge on Sunday. We drifted live mullet from 11-3. We caught two 15.5" flounder that were released, some smaller ones and about ten blues up to about 17". It was a little windy but still a nice day.

It was a beautiful day saturday... but it did chill up after 4ish... Caught a ton of snappers... one 2' shark I am still looking for the Biggeruns... Boy Oh Boy when that wind died off the Flies attacked!!! other than that pretty calm... any hints on bigger shark? I have been fishin within bout 300' of the bullpen...

Fished the inlet saturday night. There were so many blues in the water, guys using bait were brining them in 2 at a time. First time I ever saw dolphins in the inlet. The were going back and forth on the inside of the south jetty. pretty cool

fished AI mon thru wens eve. with nothin caught on monday or tuesday, caught at least 15 or so snapper blues ranging in size from 9 to 18 inches on wens. also a few smooth dog fish caught. hopefully next week we will start seeing some striper action.

I fished with a friend today around the rte 50 bridge using frozen mullet, minnows and squid. We caught about 30 flounder. Minnows and squid caught nothing but small fish from 6" to 14". The 6" fish hit a piece of squid longer than he was. We got three keepers from 16.5" to 19.5" on whole mullet. My newbie friend lost two nice fish before they got to the boat, and I had a couple of mullet come back nicely scaled. We caught some blues up to about 17" and loads of sea robbins and small sea bass. The water was nice and clear and the temp was about 69 degrees at high tide.

When the small flounder are schooling up in the deep holes close to the inlet, you know the backbay flounder season will soon come to an end. I expect the fish to be mostly gone by the full moon at the end of the month.

Nice! That is a lot of flounder. Thanks for the report.

Sam, I was using big baits on purpose, to not catch all of those 8" flounder. One day, a few years back in late Oct. , my buddy and I caught about 75 small flounder in a hole at the mouth of IRB. I only had one keeper that day. I had about 50 fish to his 25. I was catching them on two poles at a time. They school up and gorge themselves prior to their migration.

I hope I dont sound to much like a newbe but where do the flounder migrate to in the winter months?:confused1:

No worries, I am a newbie too, and i have made an ass out of myself more than once. Your question is a good one, and one I didn't know. I grabbed this off of a int. resource.

Habitat:

Summer flounder inhabit inshore areas during the warmer periods of the year. Fluke prefer eel grass beds and wharf pilings because of the protection they offer. In the summer, small and medium sized adults are found on the sandy and muddy bottoms of bays, harbors and along the open coastline. Most of the larger fish tend to stay in somewhat deeper water (50 to 60 feet). With the approach of fall, summer flounder migrate to more offshore waters in depths from 150 to more than 500 feet

Hit the sand last night with Dad and met up with Dave. Pretty strong South wind with a decent current. One small black drum and that was it. Water temps still around 70.