3 posts in this topic

Randy,

I just wanted to thank you again for that awesome Big Kahuna. I had the pleasure of a large sand tiger getting tangled in both of my lines which ended up causing serious problems at night. I ended up about 50 yards down the beach with little light and a snapping set of teeth. I had to put my rod down (reel facing up) and had a rouge wave wash up and nearly cover my whole reel in wet sand.

That is the point when I just about lost it...

I finally got the shark back into the water and my sandy gear back to the jeep. First thing I did was plug in my BK and was able to wash everything out and it was just about back to 100%.

Normally, I would have dumped out my drinking water with no pressure and still had sand issues.

After driving 11 miles down the beach in the pitch black of night with cooler full of fresh bait and plenty of fishing energy, the last thing I need is sandy conventional reels. (Bird's nest time)

This may look like a sponsor plug, but guess what? IT IS! Gotta love that fresh water shower on Assateague Island.

LOL, Thanks Sam and Im going to pass this on to Jeff.....they sure-do come in handy:icon_thumleft:

I think sand in the reel is worse than sand in the crack!!! hahahah:bootyshake: