7 posts in this topic

Man what is up with the water temp. this year, here's what it looked like last year at this time. I'm not a big believer in globule warming as in it's mans fault, just a natural string of earths weather some times its hotter then normal for a long period of time and some times colder. But right now I want colder.

Last year

5852a51901a7e_061010_283_0332.n17(Medium

This year

5852a518ef461_071009_282_1111.n15(Medium

Yep, this constant E wind we've had certainly has warmed the water considerably.

Just look at it this way, winter will be here soon enough. Think of how much money we are saving on our heating bill!

It has been very hot and dry this year, one thing that has occured is an increase in salinity at coastal locations due to lack of rain. Sea grasses/animals appearing that normally don't reach this far north.

Seems to be creating a wide variety of overlap in summer and fall species as indicated by the boys down in VA reporting King Macs off the pier.

Very strange indeed.

PS. I believe that global warming is occuring both man made and otherwise, however, I don't think we can point to this as evidence.

Takes much more longer term trend data to validate.

Devo

Looks like I may be fishing all winter again ( my favorite time to fish). If this keeps up, there may be a few small ones with an occasional larger one camping out for the winter...hopefully.

Yep, this constant E wind we've had certainly has warmed the water considerably.

Just look at it this way, winter will be here soon enough. Think of how much money we are saving on our heating bill!

Yea but my AC is running full bore. My electric costs have never been so high this time of year if you back the 50% increases set in place in June. All time record high here yesterday.

Yea but my AC is running full bore. My electric costs have never been so high this time of year if you back the 50% increases set in place in June. All time record high here yesterday.

I knew that was coming. :confused3: Same here...

Dad has been fishing down at the local creek and has been catching all kinds of unusual fish including Seabass, Porgy and Speckled Trout. Salinity must be high because usually, we are catching big old carp and sunfish.