Floro or Mono for Shocker   38 members have voted

1. 1. Floro or Mono for Shocker

• Floro
    • Mono

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 posts in this topic

Which do you use and why and also when you trim the tag ends on a double uni knot do you have to leave some tag end or can you trim them right up to the know without worrying about slippage.:dontknow:

I only use flouro when fishing for spanish. Even then I just tie on a few feet.

I started out using fluorocarbon for my shock leaders but it is way too expensive. I do use it in my fish finder rigs because I don't go through it that fast.

Mee too cheep too!! Mono all the way! hahaha:angry9:

I like the feel of mono better and it is easier to tie a good knot.

Oh yeah, it is expensive!

So how much tag end do you need to leave on a double uni knot or do you trim it as close as you can so it goes through the guides easier?

Thanks for all the input

i don't use that knot but generally speaking you don't want any tag ends on your shocker knots.

What no braid button, braid all for me to either braid or Mono running line.
No, not for the shocker. Braid will slice through your hand as a shocker when you are beaching a fish. I like about 4' of 80# for shocker (with the ff on it), easy to grab, strong and doesn't hurt your bare hands.

*edit*

I always grab the leader and walk it up the slope, quicker for me and less chance of losing it. I don't have much 80 on it, doesn't make it to the spool or even the tip.

don't have to grab a shocker to beach a fish...no worries on that end, especially with 80, lock er down and surf er in...works like a charm.

I am using 20lb braid with 50lb mono for shocker.... I have the knot 5 turns on the reel when I cast and sometimes when casting the braided line becomes wrapped around one of the guides and severly hurts my casting distance... Wondering if this just happens sometimes or if I'm doing something wrong?