8 posts in this topic

I'm a 24 yr old banker who's married and a father of 2. I have a 3yr old daughter and 16mo. old son. I live in Richmond and currently getting into surf fishing. Been playing around with it for about a year now. I was raised in Louisiana so the only fishing I knew was marsh fishing in brackish water for Reds and Specs. And I did my share. I went o over 26 guided fishing trips (on/off-shore) from age 7-17. Lucky for me my father was a big wig for a corporate co. (before they laid him off) and instead of taking clients golfing, he took them fishing, ad drug me on every trip. Anyways, that's where my experience is, I had a 21" Pro Sport Center Console at age 15 and we lived on Lake Ponchatrain on the Northside. I currently fish when I can and frequent anywhere from VaBeach, Sandbridge, Outer Banks, to most recently North Myrtle Beach, (which I loved!) Hope to learn alot from you guys and I promise I will "try" to search before I ask. Hope to link up with a few of you i the future.

Welcome to out roost!

We do indeed intend to HELP you learn a lot about fishin' round these here parts. Have you done any fishing this season? Where and what? Get any beach sharks? (hehe)

We have the fall season starting up, should be schweet!!

As always, use the search function, it all should be here for ya to read. If ya can't find what'cha need, ASK!

We have a lot of good folk on board, you will be surprised how fast you will get an answer. (Like check back in 10 minutes?)

Enjoy the waters we have been loaned to preserve, they belong to our kids, keep 'em clean! Have fun!!

had some luck sept. 16-23 in Myrtle Beach North. Did alot of experimeting with my surf fishing techniques. Learned about the purpose of a shock leader...lol the hard way. Only luck I ever had was at high tide around 11-midnight each night. Spent my days down at the public boat launch at north myrtle with my cast net catching menhaden and about a doze crabs I boiled up. Night fishing got me 4 blues, a red, and the one night I went to Cherry Grove Pier I had a 6-7' Shark near surface but cut right through my 30lb tst with no wire leader. Got a 3' Ribbon fish too. Looked pre-historic with fangs. I"ll post more pics when I get my sd card reader.

Originally from Richmond myself!

Nice to have ya.....Make your way down here to the beach and we'll brake ya in!:icon_rambo::icon_thumright:

Look forward to your reports!

Originally from Richmond myself!

Nice to have ya.....Make your way down here to the beach and we'll brake ya in!:icon_rambo::icon_thumright:

Look forward to your reports!

I'm there about every other month. My parents run the AAAA Self Storage on Dam Neck Rd. So we are there visiting alot. I lived on Lake Dr. for a yr before richmond.

Welcome to the board it's a great place to hang out and great bunch of guys to hang with :icon_thumright: