11 posts in this topic

I'm going to strip off the 50# PP that came on my 525's.

I'll be at Bass Pro in Hampton on Saturday about 10 AM to pick up supplies for the trip next week. I want to buy some 17# suffix tritanium, but don't see it on their web site.

Can you guys recommend an alternate brand available at BPS if they don't have it?

I'm going to strip of the 50# PP that came on my 525's.

I'll be at Bass Pro in Hampton on Saturday about 10 AM to pick up supplies for the trip next week. I want to buy some 17# suffix tritanium, but don't see it on their web site.

Can you guys recommend an alternate brand available at BPS if they don't have it?

Bob, contact the guys at AllTackle, I know they have it and their Annapolis store is kinda' on your way to Outer Banks or they can UPS it to you:icon_thumleft:

the P-line copolymer is the closest thing they have at BPS and is good stuff, pricey though at $14 1/4lb bout 600yds.

Bob, contact the guys at AllTackle, I know they have it and there Annapolis store is kinda' on your way to Outer Banks or they can UPS it to you:icon_thumleft:

they may have it in the oc store too

or if your in hampton, the baitshack probly has it, call them

Fished the Tri for the first time last trip, it is excellent FISHING line, not a nic on it 8 rods for 10 hours. It'd be worth a special trip to get it, I had my alltackle order in 3 days. Be sure to specify the color, green is dark green not hi vis...

Bob,

I'd stick to the copolymer stuff, can't go wrong with either the original or evolution IMO. HOWEVER, I never fished the P-line, only field casting and it did nick up in the field but everything does.

Rog, I have to say after switching I'm not going back.

Also, do not buy suffix superior if they have it...not superior to anything.

I like the siege, but it is slick and sometime seems like it is harder to tie some knots, but overall great stuff. That neon tangerine looks purdy kewl too!

Thanks for all the help. I bought 2 300yd pks of the copolymer stuff, and wouldn't ya know it, Frank and Fran's was able to fill both reels with 17# Tritanium. Wonderful stuff. I like it. I'm casting like a pro now.

I get my Tritanium from Hatteras Outfitters #17 800 yds spool