6 posts in this topic

I got a question on why we use fish finder slides to hook the lead to.

Why don't we just slip the line right through the eye of the lead and hook a bead or two up.

I always thought the purpose of hooking it to a sleeve was to help protect the line but I see numerous people don't use fish finder slides and just use a swivel. To me that would be the same as just running the line through the eye of the lead.

Is the swivel needed to help the line from twisting and knotting? or is it just used to make changing weight easier.

i think the swivel helps with line twist, as well as makin git wasier to change weight as you said

I use a swivel at the end of my running line to attach the short snelled hook to. this swivel should eliminate any line twist.

Hook snelled--100 mono--barrel swivel--Shock (Slide) -- knot

i do the same thing, but think about if the weight twists

i do the same thing, but think about if the weight twists

I was just sitting here picturing that myself, Upon looking at my fishfinder slides I been using they aren't a swivel at all, just duo lock snap clipped directly to the plastic slide and I never had even a hint of a problem when using them. Except for the cheap ones I started with that broke off when I put my fat behind into a cast.

I was just sitting here picturing that myself, Upon looking at my fishfinder slides I been using they aren't a swivel at all, just duo lock snap clipped directly to the plastic slide and I never had even a hint of a problem when using them. Except for the cheap ones I started with that broke off when I put my fat behind into a cast.

hmmm same here, i dont think mine swivel either, lol