35 posts in this topic

jay blair--

"but if there was another team tournament at Assateague we would be gone in a heart beat. I know it would probably be a conflict of interest, but if Harbor tackle offered a team tournament later in the year at Assateague, I sure many folks jump at the opportunity. "

what do you mean about assateague team tournament???

i have been busting my butt for the past 3 years to get more than 20 teams in the asstaeague team tournament. as a matter of fact we use the same rules and ideals that have made the Ocean City tournament such a success over the past 3 decades.

Well I tried several times to get on a team for the AI tournament or start another team, but it seems to me that no one whats someone new to fish with them. Why I dont know! Maybe I just dont know the right people, maybe next year

Well I tried several times to get on a team for the Assateague Island tournament or start another team, but it seems to me that no one whats someone new to fish with them. Why I dont know! Maybe I just dont know the right people, maybe next year

Hay Rocks it's not that, a lot of people here are not getting in to that tourny for one reason or another, but I'm sure anyone of them will fish with you anytime. From here on out for the rest of the fall, winter and spring you are welcomed to join me on AI anytime. I always enjoy some company and someone to down a few beers with.

AISurfisher,

I am sorry if I have had my head in the sand.

I was not aware that you were trying to get an Assateague Team Tournament going. Let me know where I can get more information about what you are doing.

Jay

PS. Some of my old surf fishing buddies are falling by the wayside, and I would be happy to fish with some new folks.

Flamethrower,

Thank you for the quick response and the information on the tournament. It is probably too late for me to get the team together for a second event in Oct. 2007, however I will do everything I can do to sell my team on the Assateague tournament for next year. In the mean time if there is another team looking for a experienced tournament fisher I would be happy to speak with them.

Assateague Island Surffisher and Flame Thrower,

I checked out the information on the tournament and have a couple of questions.

How do the designated fishing areas work?

I am also guessing that you only allow two trucks per team, because you are hoping to get 70 teams, and the ORV limit is 150?

Thanks,

Jay

jay call me asap 443-235-2609 i will amke room if you can get a team together by thursday we acctually can only take about 32 teams we have a 75 truck limit with support vehicles included.

we use the same rules as oc for the most part as well you will draw a station for the event as in oc as well we have area stations marked off starting at the bull pen and going south form there

AISurffish

I have hooked up the HR for the tournament. Thanks for the heads up.

Some of us from the Outer Banks put a team together for the Assateague torny and 2 guys backed out. We are tournament experienced with a bunch of trophies. Anyone who would like to jump in and fish on Fri and Sat is welcome. Give me a call at 252-202-7712.

Thanks,

Greg