Flatfish

Appropriate 2nd grade curriculum?

7 posts in this topic

I'd rather kids learn controversial issues at home first, not at school.

I mean, it's called parenting, isn't it?????

But then again, there are those that aren't taught life's "differences" at home so they have to pick it up by another means. Too often, it's the street.

Like I said, parents need to be parents.

It's WRONG period and should not be in our schools at all :angry4::angry4::angry4:

God made ADAM and EVE NOT Adam and Steve

I teach my kids that they are of excellent heritage. I tell them to be proud of their German name. I tell them that it is not okay to be discriminated against because of being German and that there is no need to run around calling yourself a "German-American."

Germany is and continues to be one of the most advanced civilized nations this world has ever seen. France started WWI and kept it alive til WWII. Only the realists want the truth to be taught. I am a realist and out children are taught the truth at home.

We've contemplated home schooling but there is value in assimulating. Minorities and women libbers do not want to assimilate as they will loose a perceived advantage.

I'm sick and tired of political correctness. Get this sh*t out of public schools. How would the blacks, gays, women libbers and jews feel if I pushed my German ancestory into proper focus? They'd fight back and call me a Nazi. Just ignore these idiots and maybe they will go away.

Just ignore these idiots and maybe they will go away.

Never do that if people don't speak up against that kind of thing, they think they are right and it give them more reasons to continue and to expand there way of thought on others.

I can see your point about never ignoring them but the blacks have been screaming rasicm for decades and when we talk back at them they only use the response to validate themselves. I don't know whether there is any correct answer. My objective is to stop having to listen to a bunch of yap about something that has been addressed.

People who have a sense of entitlement will not stop until they feel they have received everything they are entitled to. Problem is that their entitlement mentality is insatiable so it seems that ignoring them would be best. Then they will escalate their verbousity and prove themselves to be the self-egrandizing jerk that they truly are.

My idea is simple. The more we let these issues consume our consciousness the more time we have lost from addressing pressing issues (e.g., health care, education, jobs, etc.)

I'm sure there are those who would brand me with a nasty word because they can get away with throwing hate toward a middle aged white man of German ancestory. We need to loose the other "N" word too (i.e., Nazi.)

Good Googlie Mooglie!!! Shouldn't Little ones be taught english and math in school... I think our kids learn WAAAAAAYYYY too much about this crap at a young age... not to say anything is wrong with how you or me wants to run our life... but we need to get back to basics and teach the necessary things in life... and MOM or DAD should tackle this stuff when it arises... I had to go to a class for school so I can go on field trips with my munchkin!!! I wasn't the one caught with altar boys...

Learning starts in the home...Book learning starts in school...

Maybe Home schooling is the good mix... just stinks they don't have much interaction with other kids...