10 posts in this topic

I'm thinking of changing my cell service from Nextel. What do you guys use for AI?

I have nextel and I don't usually have any problems with service on AI except at the very top. The further I move down the better it gets.

Most people use verizon and also don't really have any complaints. I was in a dead spot (for both verizon and nextel) during the red drum tourney. You kinda had to walk a couple of feet to get good signal.

Not T mobile. No signal once I get to the bridge. Had service in VA though. :dontknow:

I had problems with my old phone, but with the new phone, no problems anywhere on the island. It is hearing it ring that presents the problem...

I have Nextel and the service moves around on AI, I can be in one spot and have "no service" and take 2 steps to the left and have service:confused3:

I have ATT/Cingular with Razor phone and get good service - much better than my old LG & Verizon. The Bluetooth earpiece helps to hear calls on the days I'm supposed to be "working" instead of fishing.

KM

Never had a problem with T mobile. Except early this year my son dropped it into bucket with salt water, the thing sounded like R2D2, let it sit in car the next day to dry out. It responded but did not work. Took it home, re-charged it....smelled like ion gas emitting and began woirking. Dang phone really took a beating and still works!

I use a samsung black jack through cingular/at&t , the only place i lose a signal is by the gates at AI, i can even search and post on atlantic anglers fro the beach.

ATT/Cingular:

With my old Motorola it was spotty buy mostly on.

With the Razr, better.

But I leave it in the truck, so I don't care about it working....

Thanks guys for the info, When my work slows down this winter I want to take a hard look at reducing my communication costs.Man I can't believe what the cost of phone,tv,internet has grown to!:evil5: There must be a better way.Next time I see Sam fishing on the beach I'll camp next to him and pick his brain.:dontknow: