6 posts in this topic

I keep a 14' jon boat at a mooring site over at Black Hills park in Boyds, Md. Had it there 8 or so years now.Well I went over there today to fish. I keep the boat chained and upside down. I unhook the chain and then go to flip the boat over and what do I see????Looks to be about 100 wasps clinging to a metal box that I have fixed to the boat. I drop the boat right down again!:angry8::angry8::angry8::angry8::angry8::angry8: All the while they are buzzing around. I had a couple of buddies there too. Anyway the plan was to flip the boat over quick and see what is up. So we do it. No wasps in sight. We start banging around looking for the nest. Can't find it! I have a bright idea, it must be in the box! Now this box is steel and it is locked. We open it up and sure enough a few wasps fly out and there is a nest in there about 8" across!:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow: It seems like these little buggers crawled into a 1/4" hole I drilled into the bottom for a previous installation.

Anyway cleaned them all out and went fishing, they were still buzzing around when we came back. I think I need to go back tomorrow with some spray and finish the job......

Awww man!

I thought you were going to say snakes....

Snakes I can handle, those little sting-butts you can't fight.

If you can, go back after dark, they don't fly at night (so "they" say) without their radar running. You can spray 'em all on the nest.

Or just hold your breath and go in spraying all over the place and kick 'em out!

You see, I can easily offer these suggestions because I am sitting here safely away from the sting-butts. Gives me shivers.... I don't handle wasps/hornets well....

Just be careful Philly, ya hear?

Going back today after work to do battle with the little buggers. Yea Sam I only caught one bass, but a good one. 20 3/4" long on a black spinnerbait.

Dude...my wife thought it would be cute to paint my infant son's bedroom yellow and put up these happy little bee decorations on the walls. Well, I have now swept up about 300 dead yellow jackets from that room in the past 2 months. We haven't even let the kid sleep in there. Funny thing is, the yellow jackets won't go in any other area of the house because they are so attracted to that one room

that it like my worst nightmare come true! I kick my jon boat a couple of times before I flip it over, last time I got stung I spent a few hours in the ER... not pleasant. If you get stung more than once and you start to feel light headed get to a hospital asap it could be the beginning of an allergic reaction. Trust me its no fun at all.