75 posts in this topic

In the surf mostly short stripers (20" to 25"), ling cod, dogfish, skates. Within the last 10 days, a Rt. 50 Bridge fisherman has caught a few shorties and a 31", 36" 37" stripers. Flounder are being caught in some commercial fishermen's net in the back bay. Tog fishing is offshore over the reefs and wrecks. Good flounder fishing in Virginia. Cliff Taylor of Bishopville and Punkin Cropper took 20 flounder with 14 being keepers at Wachapregue, Virginia.

Ahhh, now that's the kind of report I wanna' hear 8) the feesh are making a show :D

Thanks for the report, Beverly. I'm glad someone is catching something edible!

Beverly, it was a pleasure meeting you and chatting with you on Sat. I absolutly LOVE my new rod and reel, THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

April 6, 2006 Fishing Report

Last weekend kicked off the striper season on Assateague Island. Some of the striper sizes caught were: Dale Kline 31”, Tom Walker 31”, Dave Carozza 36”, Scott Cooper 37”, Chuck “Drifter” 38”, “Nano” 2 – 43”ers, 28”, 41” stripers. Fresh bunker was the bait of choice. Capt. Monty of the Morning Star stated he was getting some nice tog over the wrecks and reefs. Pat Connolly caught several tog, one 15”, between 2nd & 4th Streets in Ocean City. Nice sized stripers are being taken off the Rt. 50 Bridge at night. Rumor has it some flounder have been caught, but no one has weighted in anything in my store. Wachapreague, Virginia is still hot with nice sized flounder. Harbor Tackle has fresh bunker and live green crabs, minnows, eels.

April 11, 2006 Fishing Report

Gee, the wind has really blown this past week. It has been tough fishing; however, there were some brave souls. Michaela Noske, age 5, went on her first fishing trip to Assateague Island with her dad, Mike Noske last Saturday. In addition to building a beautiful sand castle, finding lots of shells, she caught 5 large skates and a 24” striper. She caught the fish on the incoming morning tide using fresh bunker. Larry Johnson from Lewis, Delaware landed a 43” striper on Sunday morning. He was using a 10 oz. sinker and still could not hold bottom. Fortunately his fish was caught up close to the beach before his rig was washed back to the beach by the waves. He was also using fresh bunker. There are still plenty of dogfish and skates. Blues should be here soon. They are in Virginia Beach now. Also, some mackerel have been sited offshore and usually behind them come the blues. Some flounder being caught in the bays around Ocean City. Dale Miller of Berlin caught two flounder. He hooked a 17” and 18” flounder, Tuesday using squid and minnow combo for bait. Tog fishing has started inshore. Fish have been taken at the Ocean City Inlet, Rt. 50 Bridge, between 2nd and 4th Streets. The Rt. 50 Bridge is still producing stripers. Most are caught at night using lures. Wachapreague, Virginia is still the hot spot for flounder. Harbor Tackle has fresh bunker, live minnows, eel, and green crabs.

dale_4_11_06_00000_245.jpg.4635a913b3400

Nice catch Dale! And great report from harbor tackle. :-)

The future is looking bright!

Thanks for sharing the encourageing news. Hope to stop in this coming weekend and meet you. I have money burning a hole in my pocket.

Harbor Tackle’s Fishing Report, April 17, 2006

The blues are here! Don Brown caught 4 bluefish in 45 minutes on Sunday about 1:30 PM at Assateague. Sizes were 23, 23, 28, 30 inches. The Gary family, Matthew, Dametrius, Randall, Leah and their dad Tony, had a great day fishing Assateague Island Sunday. They hooked up about 40 blues. The average size was 5 pounds. The blues were pushing bunker so hard that the bait fish were beaching themselves to get away from the blues. A few stripers were taken from the Assateague surf. Of course there were lots of skates to play with and some dogfish. Some bluefish were taken in the Ocean City Inlet and stripers at the Rt. 50 Bridge. Shad have started to show up. Some flounder hooked up in the flats in about 3 feet of water. One boat caught 20 fish with 9 being keepers. Tog are showing up in the Inlet, between 2nd and 4th Streets, and the 5th Street bulkhead. Steve Karafa took 2 tog 15 and 14 inches from the 5th Street rocks. Wachapreague, Virginia is still hot spot for flounder. Harbor Tackle has fresh bunker, live minnows, eel, and green crabs.

leah_gary_and_dad_00000_149.jpg.5fd5d440

tony_gary_and_boys_00000_210.jpg.9c71c0f

Michaela Noske, age 5

First fishing trip with Dad

April 8, 2006

100_2266_169.jpg.aba4c45c51e4774c9b15e39

100_2263_893.jpg.df693cf681fb715e0f41acc

Bev,great photos :!: Thanks 4 the advice on fri. keep me posted on your shipment of rods and reels.I'll be buying 2 setups :thx:

Great pictures and reports! Thanks

Great pictures and reports! Thanks

Yeah! :) The blues are here.... 8)

Woo hooo! So I've never caught a striper from the surf and my friend going down with me this weekend has never caught a big blue anywhere (he's a new freshwater convert) - so there's a chance we can kill both birds at the fling this friday...can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

Harbor Tackle’s Fishing Report, April 28, 2006

Bill Snyder of Ocean Pines caught 3 legal stripers from the Rt. 50 Bridge this week. The sizes were 34, 35, 36 inches. Zack Shustrick fished the bridge Thursday night and hooked up with a 17 lb 3 oz 37.5 inch striper using a 6” Storm Lure. Blues, shad, stripers are being seen at the Rt. 50 Bridge and Inlet this week. Some tog reported also. Black drum have started to show up in the Assateague surf. Blues and stripers are still at the beach. Along with the blues and stripers are of course skates. Everyone’s favorite. Harbor Tackle has fresh bunker, fresh herring, live eels, live minnows, live green crabs, and have been promised live peelers this afternoon.

zack_shustrick_00000_489.jpg.84aaa690468

Harbor Tackle’s Fishing Report, May 1, 2006

Friday while fishing for stripers at Assateague Island, J C Kostyak of Newark, Delaware caught 2 flounder sized 16 ½ and 18 inches. Tom Walker hooked up a 34 inch striper. If you could survive the wind, the surf is producing blues, stripers, black drum, flounder and dogfish. At the Inlet and Rt. 50 Bridge, tog shad, stripers, blues are making a showing. Dan Benson of Reisterstown, Maryland caught a 22 inch flounder using a minnow and squid rig. He was fishing behind the Convention Center. Two guys from Ocean City hooked up with a couple of legal flounder behind the airport. Harbor Tackle has fresh bunker, fresh herring, live eels, live minnows, live green crabs, and live peelers.

dan_benson_00000_574.jpg.322ace0daef3b52

Nice catches. At least someone is fishing. :-)

I talked with Dan breifly when he was in Harbor Tackle,,,nice fish :up: .

caught on tuesday april 18th 2006 between the sandypoint lighthouse and the magothy lighthouse in 30' of water

35" long and 17lbs 8)

img_2334_448.jpg.2bde9f2808115e299f77880

No Kidding :?: :welcome1: to the site Dan :up: nice catch :!:

ain't this alot more fun than working on the Mustangs :wink:

oh and Danny, 2 things. its Baltimore Light not Magothy light and stop by the dealership, I lost your # :oops:

Nice fish! :-)

Great catch. Is that red on the fish, skin sores :?:

no the red on the fish was not a disease it wasn't there when i caught the fish it was from laying on the ice in my cooler and from possible blood from the gills it was only on the one side that was down in the ice chest

hey randy we have to hook up and go hit some hot spots on the water

going out tomorrow thursday afternoon

the wife and i hope to catch some more big ones if there are any left up above the bay bridge

p.s. still have my stang, hows yours running i only drive it once in a while haven't been to the track in almost 3yrs.