8 posts in this topic

Been seeing a few here, are the flutterby's hitting the beach in force yet?

Haven't seen them yet but I remember last year in the fall, not sure when, it was a constant flow of butterflies on the beach. Very cool.

"Old fisherman's tale: When you see monarch butterflies flying, it is red drum time."

I saw one butterfly this weekend. Not sure what kind... I have seen them in great numbers out there.

That really is a pretty site. I have seen hundreds of them maybe thousands, just a headin south past me riding a northen breeze down the beach. :)

Last fall, the sky was filled with them, millions! They appeared to be at least a couple hundred feet up, if not higher. Really cool site to see on the beach. Didn't find anything in the "red" variety that day though.

Last weekend there were alway 3-4 in sight at ground level. I figured the drum were about to start and ...... This weekend the winds were too strong for them

If the Monarch this is on the level... The Drum are on the way... This weekend they were all over the place... I saw then constantly somewhere on the beach!!!:icon_pidu: