32 posts in this topic

Harbor Tackle has fresh bunker coming this Thursday afternoon and more on Friday.

Sweet, sending dad in there tomorrow to make sure we get plenty for the weekend

Fresh bunker just came in Thursday afternoon and expecting more on Saturday. We also have live minnow, eels, and green crabs.

Sounds like the season is in full swing! :v:

You guys had some great bunker last fall. It was always a pleasure to stop in and visit and get a bag of fresh bait. I was wondering if you will be getting any surf clams this season. I've read a lot about surfs as bait but we don't have them for sale in the Del-mar-va area. Any help?

Thanx

Thank you for your post. We do not have surf clams now, but we are starting a seafood market in the store and will be selling clams.

Thank you for your post. We do not have surf clams now, but we are starting a seafood market in the store and will be selling clams.

Sounds like a great idea. 8) When ya planning on the grand opening for the eats:?:

surf clams or chowder clams? I hear surfs are hard to come by in our area.

What is the difference? If anyone knows?

I think chowder clams are smallerbut still are quite large and come out of our backbays and are very plentiful,,,Ive used regular chowder clams and have had good luck with em,,,never treid surf clams,,,they are tougher to find in our locale,,,

When I was a kid and much later when I worked as a headboat mate , we always had a big supply of what we called " Sea Clams " . They looked to me to be just a much lrger version of wahat we cal chowder clams . We salted them down in 5 gallon buckets and used them for weeks . They will catch just about anything . I caught a snowy grouper in the inlet on fresh clam . It was very small and it took me a while before I knew what I had having caught them in Fla. Clams are very big with surf fishermen in Jersey and points north .

We targeting Memorial Day weekend for now. Debating about setting up a refrigerator just for clams now. Let you know.

Beverly

We targeting Memorial Day weekend for now. Debating about setting up a refrigerator just for clams now. Let you know.

Beverly

Ill pick up some clams for sure. If I cant catch a fish to eat, they will go well in a stewpot on the Coleman stove. Bait you can eat... :mrgreen: :chef: ...some carrots, some garlic, some taters....thats another forum.... :lol:

Noooo Chomper! Step away from the clams!

That stuff from bait shops is not for human consumption.

It may be dead or may have been in the heat or who knows what.

No no no no....

Now, if it's live shrimp in a pound net, that's a different story....

But of course, I know you are just kidding....

I get my fresh clams from the market for bait,,,live,,,I had some leftover once, took them home, shucked em and minced em up and had liguine with white clam sauce :chef: ,,,yummy!

I get my fresh clams from the market for bait,,,live,,,I had some leftover once, took them home, shucked em and minced em up and had liguine with white clam sauce :chef: ,,,yummy!

Thats what I was talking about.... market bought clams......I aint eatin the bait Steve.... not yet.... :lol:

Plenty of fresh bunker for the weekend. Some bunker came in today, more tomorrow, and more on Friday. Now have frozen salted sea clams.

Harbor Tackle has some fresh herring for the weekend and of course fresh bunker.

Harbor Tackle has fresh bunker & herring, live minnow, greencrabs, eels. I have been promised live peelers this afternoon.

Live Peelers! Time to go black drum fishing!

Live Peelers! Time to go black drum fishing!

rumor has it they are in he area, saw it on another board

Harbor Tackle has fresh bunker & herring and live peelers for the weekend. It should be a lot better than last weekend.

Harbor Tackle just got loads and loads of fresh bunker. Come help me get rid of it. We have live peelers too.

Just got in fresh bunker and will be receiving more on Friday.

Harbor Tackle has fresh bunker, live eels, live minnows, live green crabs, and live peelers. Working on some fresh bait shrimp and fresh sea clams for Friday. Hours for weekend: Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon open at 5 AM. Close Fri, Sat, Sun at 9 PM and Mon at 7 PM.