9 posts in this topic

If you ever wanted one get it now, with the price designation of $89.88 my guess is that they are discontinuing the CP's. From working in retail anything other then a .99 usually means it is either on sale or out the door, not sure at BPS but the fact that it is $30 less then the regular rod speaks volumes.

I have 2 regripped, love them for 8+head and up and for $90! I got the last casting from Arundel Mills on Friday, if you want one you'll probably have to order it online.

Did you get a chance to use the rod yet? I'll be down to try mine and do some fishin a week from this Friday. Gotta get the Penn525 broken in before heading to Hatteras. Is there much of a crowd early Friday mornings in October?

Not much of a crowd during the week, no problems getting on the beach, even during the summer.

I have 2 conventionals that I've had and fished for about a year. anything 8nup they are in the spread usually. I'm slowing ho'ing myself out to AFAW rods but will keep them for banging out 12+oz payloads, best rod for the money out there today. I may get a couple just to keep around in case of breakage. I do rebuild the handle on mine though.

I have one that is not the cape point. It has the normal reel seat on it. Agreed it is the best bang for the buck you can get!

i work at bass pro and i also own a cps... great rod. at bps anything that ends in $.88 is on sale and stuff that ends in .77 is on clearance. so i dont think this is the end of the cps its just an excuse to buy one. i think its the best factory rod below $200 and id say that even if i worked for cabelas.

....they have cape point specials on sale too. they had i think 2 casting left at arundel. you have to ask them to check it against the internet price.

eugene