9 posts in this topic

clear.gif Official Results of 7th Annual Red Drum Tournament

HARBOR TACKLE

6TH ANNUAL RED DRUM TOURNAMENT

September 21 thru 23, 2007

Thank you for your participation in the 6th Annual Red Drum Tournament and special thanks goes to the Judges. We want to acknowledge your patience and cooperation with the Park Service and the Judges. Without you, this event could not take place and we look forward to the 7th Annual Red Drum Tournament. Anyone with pictures, please

E-mail to: btf25@aol.com. Thanks again.

Beverly & Terry Fleming

WINNERS

Mathew Hamilton Largest Red Drum of Tournament 47 1/2

Largest Red Drum for Saturday

Fulton Evans 2nd Largest Red Drum of Tournament 46

Largest Red Drum for Friday 46

2nd Largest Red Drum Saturday 44 3/4

Most Red Drum of Tournament 3 - 46, 44 3/4, 43 1/4

Kelsey Cycyk Largest Lady Red Drum 43 1/4

2nd Largest Red Drum Sunday 43 1/4

Frederick Lagman Largest Red Drum Sunday 43 1/2

Brian Hitchens Largest Blue 19 1/2

Trashy Frank Ketterman Largest Trash Fish - ray 67 wing span

CHILDREN’S DIVISION WINNERS

Calvin Malone 13 inch bluefish

Brian Kasey 11 ¾ inch kingfish

HONORABLE MENTIONED

0100 Friday Jorge Ochoa 61 inch shark

0210 Friday Scott Aiken, Jr. 55 inch ray

0815 Friday Clifton Holland 18 inch blue

2200 Saturday Tom Cahall 13 ¾ kingfish

Congrats to all the winners!

Bev and Terry, thanks for another good tournament and lookin forward to next year!

Dianne

:fish:

Here is the winning fish. Matthew Hamilton caught on Saturday 7 AM 47 1/4 inches.

5852a51845aee_MatthewHamiltonbiggestdrum

catskill john was tellin me about how he won last year, but second place won more cash. i guess it looks like the second place winner this year made out with a much larger purse as well!

congrats to all. see yall out there

What kind of setups do you guys use to get those monsters in? Conventional or spinning? Braid or mono? What lb line? Curious to know what you need to bring in something that big I surf fish with 20LB braid and seem to have some mysterious break offs...

catskill john was tellin me about how he won last year, but second place won more cash. i guess it looks like the second place winner this year made out with a much larger purse as well!

congrats to all. see yall out there

I think you need to look at it as Fulton winning the tourney categories and this dude winning big fish (one category, well two because of largest overall and largest on Sat)

What kind of setups do you guys use to get those monsters in? Conventional or spinning? Braid or mono? What lb line? Curious to know what you need to bring in something that big I surf fish with 20LB braid and seem to have some mysterious break offs...

Wrong thread for this but most of us use 17lb sufix Tritanium Plus MONO with a 50 to 80 lb shock(casting) leader

I would guess your braid is breaking because of abrasion. Think of all the shells and stuff it gets rubbed across during a day of fishing.

I only have braid on my reels for when I am sharking in the summer. I like the added line capacity and ability to put 50lb line on my MAG 525's. Even then I still fill the top of the reel with Mono.